5.) Guys

I was expecting us to fuck as soon as we walked inside his house.

Is that not how it goes? A guy does something nice for you, and they expect a blowjob in return. Why would Marshall be any different?

Thankfully, by this time, my nose had stopped bleeding and any other aching pains were beginning to die down with only a small cramp. Deshaun drove up to an old looking white house. The yard, littered with little kid's play equipment, had overgrown weeds and plants tangling into the air like a miniature forest. The paint on the house was chipping, and I noticed that on the window left of the front door, cardboard covered where glass should've been.

We said our goodbyes and Deshaun promised to stop over in the morning. As Marshall and I walked, I jerked my chin toward the broken window. "What happened?" I wondered.

He exhaled loudly through this nose. "I had a baseball, and my mom made me angry."

"So you intentionally broke your own window?"

"It was after I moved out!" Marshall quickly added, his face glowing red. He turned around to hide his embarrassment. "She was trippin' one night because-....naah, it's not important."

He flipped over the welcome mat and grabbed a key. As he turned the lock, I took a few steps back to admire the house. "It's nice."

Marshall turned his head and glared at me. "Don't lie."

I chuckled a little bit. "I'm not! It is. It's better than my old place--or my new place, for that matter."

Em scanned me up and down, a look of puzzlement taking over his expression. Pointing his thumb back at the house he said, "This looks like the trap house."

I rolled my eyes and stood next to him. "Don't shit on yourself."

Marshall pushed open the door and stepped inside. Flipping a switch on the wall, light filled the room with a little humming sound that followed. While I was taking in the interior of his home, his hand found its way on the small of my back; I flinched.

Marshall glanced down at me. "You okay?"

I didn't look at him. I just tightened my jaw and nodded.

He led me to brown couch that had a few small rips and tears in the fabric. A black blanket was draped over the back of the couch, and a pillow was leaning against the arm. Marshall sat on the couch and pat the cushion beside him.

I sat down and cracked my knuckles. An awkward silence fell over us. "Um..."

"So, what now?" I whispered.

I could feel him trying to meet my eyes, but I just stared blankly at the stained rug under us. "What do you mean what now?" Marshall pressed. When he saw I wasn't going to answer, he stood up. "I think you should go to bed."

I cocked an eyebrow. "Seriously..?"

"Yeah. You obviously need sleep." He walked out of the room.

I straightened up. "What does that mean?"

Hesitating at first, Marshall came back. "You seriously think I'm some scumbag who's going to take advantage of a girl right after she tried to kill herself?"

"Well, to be fair, you left me in the middle of the road..."

"Okay, that was-..." He ran his hand over his head, puffing out his cheeks in frustration. "That was different."

I gazed into his blue eyes. "I never took you for this type of person." I breathed, lightly shaking my head in disbelief.

Marshall smirked comically. "What? In the three hours you've known me?"

I laughed a little. "Sorry, I just-...I've had a lot of bad experiences with guys."

"Well, I'm not like them." Marshall watched me snort and playfully scowled. "I'm serious...don't you believe me?"

I rose an eyebrow. "You have to give me more time before I can make my verdict."

Marshall scoffed. "Whatever." He walked back to the other room, trying to hide a small smile that was spreading on his cheeks.