Chapter One - Sean

"Okay, I have to do a collab with Mark tomorrow... And I have to pick up milk from the store, and get that new movie I've been dying to see... And that's all. Right?" I wondered, having written them on my palm as; Video, Milk, movie. "Yep, that's all!" Okay, so yeah. I have this weird habit of talking to myself. Get over it. Finally satisfied with my list, I went upstairs to my bedroom and flopped down on my bed, turning on the news.

"Last week, a girl named Elaenor Rode was found dead with a tattoo of a rose above her left shoulder. One of the police in charge of the investigation, Charlie Hugh, was show with the same tattoo and proclaimed her soulmate," the female reporter said in a surprisingly perky voice for someone talking about a suicide case. "I had been waiting my whole life to meet her... I just... Never thought it would be like this." the man, Charlie, admitted with tears in his eyes. I turned off the TV, not even able to comprehend how terrible that would be. I heard my phone buzz at me from my bedside table, and a text from Mark popped up.

I knew this was going to turn into a long conversation, so I called him in reply to save time. "Hey, Sean, guess what?!" he yelled excitedly into his phone. "What?" I asked, laughing at how cheerful his voice sounded. "My soulmate wrote something!" he said, and I smiled. He always called me about the things that popped up on his arms, and it always made me happy to sit down and listen to how happy it  made him every time.

"What was it today?" I asked. "I can't tell you!" Mark teased. "Aw, c'mon! You wouldn't have called me if you didn't want me to know!" "Uh, Sean?" he laughed. "You called me." I sighed. "Point taken." I could tell Mark was getting impatient. "Okay, I know you're just dying to know. It was a grocery list!"

I paused. Was he joking? "Seriously, Mark? Why did you call me just to tell me about a dumb grocery list?" I asked, and he sighed. "Seaaaaan, you just don't understand because your soulmate hasn't written anything yet." Mark teased. I sighed in annoyance. "Yes she has." I could tell through the phone just by his voice that Mark was raising his eyebrows. "Ooooooh?~ So it's a she?" he asked curiously. I sighed. "Well, I'm not gay, so... yes?"

Mark laughed. "Alright-y, Sean, whatever you say. Anyway, what did she write?" I sighed, trying to rack my brain. It'd been awhile, huh? "Um... something about getting a dogsitter once. It's great that she's an animal person, I suppose. There was another thing... something about rules for a game that I can't remember. Nothing really important, honestly." I sighed, making Mark giggle. "Awe, you'll find her some day, green bean." My eyes stung at the sound of the nickname. "Mark, I, uh, have to go." I said suddenly.

"What?" he sounded confused. "Look, I just do. Okay?! Goodbye." I angrily jabbed the "hang up " button, groaning in anger. I felt tears stinging in my eyes as I had another flashback.

Eighteen Years Ago

"Mommy, look!" The little brown-haired toddler walked up to the woman sleeping on the couch to show her a drawing he'd made that he was quite proud of. "Mommy, wake up! Looky!" the little boy squealed with joy, poking his mother's nose. "Mommy, it's me. Green bean. I drew you a picture! Mommy? Mommy, wake up."

The boy grabbed an empty bottle from his mother's cold hands, but then threw it away, immediately losing interest. "Mommy, you're all cold... I'll go get you a blanket!" the toddler declared bravely.

Eight Years Ago

"Sean, we have something to tell you, honey!" his mother said nervously at the dinner table. His father was up in his room, as usual, on a work call. "Yeah, mom?" Sean asked, smiling. Please let it be a car! "She stopped smiling, and it took her a moment before tears started to well up in her eyes. "Oh, Sean."

She said, running around the table to embrace him. The boy froze. "Mom...? Are you okay?" he asked, slowly hugging her back. Suddenly, he was sure it wasn't a car. "Sweetie..." she said, choking back more tears. "Your father and I..." Sean felt his heart snap in half. "You're... getting a divorce?" she shook her head. "No, no... honey, we didn't have you." Sean was confused. "What do you mean you... didn't have me?" he asked, suddenly worried.

"Sean... you're adopted. When you were three, your mother was young. Only nineteen. She wasn't ready for a baby, and the stress was too much. She... died of alcohol poisoning." she said, and he felt his whole world snap in half. This woman in front of him was not his mother. "Who... who was she?" His adoptive mother smiled. "Samantha McLoughlin."

Present Day

I slipped back into reality, shaking off the chill the sudden memories had brought back. As much as I tried to repress these things, they just kept coming back. I got a call from Mark, but I ignored it, curling up into a little ball on my bed, trying to forget about my mom dying on the couch while all I tried to do was hand her some shitty drawing.

That, strangely, was actually the thing that had led me to enjoy art in the first place. It was the last connection I had to my mom. And green bean. But nobody was ever allowed to call me that ever again. Not even Nark. Not even my soulmate.

***

"For fuck's sake, Mark!" I laughed into my microphone, as Mark just giggled. "Where the hell are you?!" Wade called in frustration. "You'll never know!" Mark said, making Bob laugh. "Gotta admit, his hiding spot isn't shitty for once." Bob said proudly of his teammate. "I'm very confident that none of you will--" Bob was interrupted when I tagged Mark. "HOW THE FUCK?!?!" Mark yelled. "Uh, you turned on your taunt." I laughed. "I DID?! FUCK!" Mark face-palmed.

"Good fuckin job, Mark. You blew it." Bob said, flipping us off in his face cam. "And you were so close, too. Only seventeen seconds left." Wade said, and he and I did a face-cam virtual high-five. "Good job, Wade! You're the best fucking teammate ever!" I laughed. "Anyways guys I hope you enjoyed that episode of prop hunt, and I'll leave a link to these guys' videos in the description. If you enjoyed, be sure to punch that like button IN THE FACE, LIKE A BOSS! And I will see you next time. Bye!" I said, finally done filming my outro.

I ended the recording, and sighed. Jeez, I really missed doing prop hunts with these guys... I walked into my kitchen and got myself a Pepsi, collapsing on the couch with a RedBox disc of Mockingjay. (Is RedBox just a Pennsylvania/America thing?? Do other countries and states have them, too??? Anyway it's a dvd rental machine in a grocery store or gas station. They're really cool) Finally, some time to be left alone with just me, my thougts, and J-Law in a child-slaughtering costume...