Chapter Nine - Sean

I woke up at, like, six in the morning since I'd gone upstairs to bed to sleep before eveyone else, besides Ethan, who fell asleep on Tyler's lap. I'd gone to sleep early on purpose so I could go pick up some donuts and coffee before everyone else woke up. I grabbed Mark's car keys, and dashed down the stairs of the building. The elevator was too slow for Jackaboy! I jogged over to the car, and it took me a minute to figure out how to unlock it before I actually got in the car and got moving. Thankfully, the nearest Dunkin Donuts was about a five minute drive from here, so I had plenty of time before the others woke up to figure out what to get. I pulled into the parking lot and sat there for a moment, trying to figure out what everyone would want, before I decided it would be easier to choose with a menu in front of me.

I walked into the place and a little bell went off, making the bored employee behind the desk look up. "Welcome to Dunkin' Donuts. How can I help you?" the man asked in a bored voice. "Uh, I'd like three black coffees, one caramel latte, and one hot chocolate, as well as a a dozen donuts." I concluded. After I finished picking out the donut flavors, the man walked off to get the coffee, and I sat at a table with the box of donuts. It was silent for a while, when two women walked in. One looked about sixteen, with short brunette hair and Lightning-McQueen-red highlights, wearing a Game Theory shirt. "Oh God. A YouTube fan. It's too early... Please don't notice me..." I thought, and the girl and her mother walked past me. The girl caught my gaze, and her eyes lit up. She simply smiled, and kept walking with her mother. I thanked God that the girl was just as anti-social as me... that, or just neither of us had had our coffee yet. The girl and her mother walked up to the counter, and the girl simply ordered a black coffee, which surprised me. "Just a black coffee? You've got guts, kid." Dammit, why'd I say that out loud?! The girl turned around, shocked.

"T-thanks, Sean..." she smiled, and her mother gave her a strange look. "Who's that? His voice sounds familiar..." the mother asked, but the girl just grabbed her coffee and pulled her mother along, making me giggle. For some reason, she reminded me of Mark. The red hair, maybe? No, I had a feeling it was more than that... Besides, his hair isn't even red anymore... "Hey. Kid. What's your name?" I asked, before she dragged her poor mother out of the store. She froze. "Josie?" she said nervously. I smiled. "Nice meeting you, Josie. I like your hair." I pointed out. She beamed. "Thanks..." at this point, it was her poor mom that had to practically drag her out of the store, but the smile on her face helped me realize what reminded me of Mark so much... It was her pure joy. She was happy enough, just getting coffee with her mom. One of the simplest, most overlooked moments, but she was enjoying and making the most out of every second of it. I noticed that was kind of how Mark had been acting all week so far, making every moment with the two of us count. Like in the car ride, how he would crack the occasional pun. At the time it annoyed me, but now I realize he was just trying to have a good time with me, and enjoy every minute of it.

"Uh, mister, your coffee's ready." The man said, snapping me out of my thoughts. "Oh, sorry!" I said, jumping out of my seat to get the tray of warm drinks.

***

When I got home, Kathryn was already awake, and she barely looked up when I walked into the room. "Which one's mine, leprechaun?" she teased, pointing to the drinks. "The one in the middle. It's black, and you can have two donuts as well." I said, setting everything down on the table. "Thanks, Jackaboy! Ooh, chocolate!~" she said, grabbing a double chocolate donut and her drink, walking up to her room with Chika at her heels. She kept rubbing her back, and I smirked. Looks like I was the only smart one that went to an actual bed to sleep... I looked at the couch, and saw Mark, Ethan and Tyer all still sleeping. Ethan was strewn across Tyler's lap, and Tyler had his arms wrapoed around Ethan, and I couldn't help but smile at them. I didn't know whether they were gay or not, but they were fucking adorable! I glanced over at Mark, who was smiling even in his sleep, hugging a pillow tightly to his chest.

I walked back over to the table, grabbing the lone hot chocolate. I didn't need a coffee, since I had had a relatively good sleep, anyway. I sipped my drink and grabbed a jelly donut, waiting for the others to wake up and find my surprise.

***

After twenty minutes, Mark had woken up, but Tyler and Ethan were still out cold. Mark took the seat next to me, and grabbed a chocolate glazed donut. "Thanks for getting breakfast, Sean." he said, not looking up from his phone. I noticed, through the chocolate, there was a little doodle on his hand. It was a little Chika... "Hey, did you draw that?" I pointed to his hand, and immediately regretted it.

Both of us sat still, in shocked silence. This can't be fucking happening... I thought to myself, and a sick feeling bubbled up in my stomach. After so long knowing Mark, and somehow neither of us had realized...

The same little doodle was on my hand as well. That could only mean... Mark and I were soulmates.

A/n
Wow, that would be a plot-twist point in a book, except that we all know they're soulmates because this is a Septiplier fanfiction. Now I can leave the interesting part of the character development to Tythan! Woo!~ And yes, there is a reason they figured it out so early on in the story, so just hold yer horses. That'll be all for now, folks! Toodaloo!~
SINcerely, Tokki~Kun!

(And yes, my name is Josie, amd I do have red highlights, but I am almost never happy unless I'm getting coffee, which is why I felt that was the only appropriate way I could have that character development in a Dunkin Donuts. But hey, you can be mad at me all you want for adding myself to a story, but I'm just sayin'.)