Chapter Five - Sean

The car ride was long, but it felt like it went by pretty quickly. Well, I guess it's hard to be bored. When you're in the same car as this wierdo... "Jack, wanna hear a joke?" he asked for the millionth time. "Sure, Mark." I don't know why I was still playing along; his puns were beyond terrible. "What do they call the security outside the Samsung store?" he asked, and I half felt like hitting myself in the face with a sledgehammer, and half like laughing along like a little kid. "I don't know, Mark. What do you call it?" I asked, although I'd already heard the joke a million times. "The Guardians of the Galaxy!" he said, flipping his hair. "Mark, you're hopeless." I said, punching him lightly. "I know! My mom tells me that every day." he declared in mock-pride. His tone made me laugh. "That's not a good thing, you doofus." The rest of the car ride was spent in a more comfortable silence, with Mark cracking a random joke here and there, before we finally got to his house.

"Alright, we're here!" but I was out of the car before he could say 'we're'. I ran around the car to the trunk to grab my suitcase, and heard Mark laughing behind me. "I was that bad, huh?" I laughed, pulling my suitcase out of the back of his car. "Yes! I was internally dying!" Mark smiled, and helped me get the rest of my things. "Well sorry that I'm cheesy. Anyway, we have a room set up for you inside. Both a recording room, and a room for you to sleep, so I'll take your clothes to your room while you set up your equipment. Okay, Jack?" Mark said, blowing his hair out of his face.

I nodded, and cringed at him calling me by that name. Sure, most people who knew me online referred to me that way, but Mark was a real friend. "Uh, Mark, could you call me Sean?" I asked nervously, as we carried my stuff to the office. "Sure thing, Ja- Sean." he saved, holding the door open for me. "Thank you. Now, where is this spare recording room?" I asked. He grabbed my arm, and dragged me down the hall to a spare room with an empty desk. "Alright, you set up your recording stuff, and I'll be upstairs putting the rest of your stuff in your room." he said, and abruptly left. "Okie dokie... This should work..." I said, trying to figure out how I was going to set up my equipment.

***

"Alright, all done!" I said, stepping back to admire my temporary setup. "Oh, Jack, you're here!" said a voice from the hallway. I turned around to see Kat, Mark's head editor, standing in the doorway. I smiled at her. "Yeah! I was just getting my equipment set up! Oh, and would you happen to know where the spare room is upstairs? Mark said he was going to set it up for me." She looked confused, then giggled. "I think he's fucking with you. The only room upstairs is Mark's." she said, before Chika practically dtagged her off. "Mark's? Why on earth would he lie about something as silly as a room...?" I wondered aloud, shrugging it off. He certainly wasn't worried about the Septiplier thing being awkward, as we'd already slept on the same couch together before, which is much smaller than a bed. So what was the deal?

I headed upstairs, hearing Mark cussing from down the hall. I followed the swearing to Mark's room, where he had dropped his phone on his toe. "Ow, dammit, why does shit like this always happen to me?!" he yelled, holding his toe. I laughed at the sight of a grown-ass man crying over his toe. "What're you laughin' at, J-Sean?! Come fucking help me!" he said before I walked over to help him up. "Anyway, sorry, but turns out Kat moved a bunch of extra equipment into the spare room, and it's a mess! Until I can clean it out, you have to stay in here..." I cut him off, laughing slightly. "Honestly, I don't mind. There's no need to clean out the room when I'll only be here for awhile." I shrugged, picking up a suitcase and shoving it against the wall.

"Thanks, Sean." he said, smiling brightly. "Now, let's go get something to eat. Chik-Fil-A?" he offered, and I returned his glowing smile. "It's always a good day at Chik-Fil-A!"

***

After dinner, we arrived back at the house, and were super exhausted. (In case you didn't catch on, Ethan, Tyler, Kat and Mark are roommates. Just thought you'd like to know.) When we went inside, Tyler and Kat were sitting in the living room having a Friday The 13th marathon. "Guys, it's late!" I exclaimed, and Kat sighed in frustration before pausing the movie. "Yes, but we're on the last movie, and it's halfway through. We're. Finishing. It." she said, before un-pausing it. Mark whispered to Tyler, loudly on purpose, to get on her nerves. "Where's Ethan?" Tyler quietly and carefully moved the blanket next to him to reveal the boy's messy mop of blue hair cowering under the blanket, asleep on Tyler's lap. The sight was enough to make me laugh.

Mark and I slowly crept back upstairs to his room, so as not to break Kat's perfect silence, and ruin the movie experience. I flopped onto the bed, and instantly closed my eyes. I could hear Mark laughing. "What? What are you laughing at, you bastard?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "Nothing. Just... do you always sleep with all you clothes on... even your shoes... On top of all your blankets?" he asked, making me groan in annoyance. "Only when I'm tired, dumbass. I'm a lazy son of a bitch! Now leave me alone, and go to bed!" I said, rolling over again. God, why couldn't I just fall asleep?! I could feel the matress sag as Mark got into the bed next to me, and felt his warm arms wrap around me. I felt the blood rush to my face. "Uh, what are ya doin', Mark?" I asked, and he sighed. "You keep moving around, and I can't sleep. So, I'll just hold you still." he said, and I was too tired to argue, so I just shut up. And surprisingly, for the first time in awhile, I slept well.

A/n

Holy shit, that took a while to make, which is disappointing as it's not even a long chapter. Reguarless, hope you somewhat enjoyed it, and I'm sorry for not uploading in awhile, especially in my Aphmau book. Inspiration went on a vacation to hell, and he doesn't know when he's coming back. So, bear with me.

SINcerely, Festus