Chapter Twelve - Ethan

A/n
CJ noticed me on Instagram when I drew this for her!!! The above art is mine, (just in CJ's style) and my Insta is @ (fu.jo.shi) if anyone's interested. Okay, time for the next chapter! :3
SINcerely, Tokki~Kun!

I felt really, really bad rejecting Tyler. But we were just friends, right? He already knew that... I felt weird around Tyler now. I wouldn't call it awkward necessarily, just... Weird. Like I didn't know how to explain the feeling. Relief, maybe, that it's all over with? Or overwhelmed from all the drama that's happened in a span of two days? I don't know, but it's kind of annoying.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard muffled voices on the other side of the wall in my bedroom, and they sounded raher serious. I got off my bed, and walked over quietly to the doorway, peering into the hallway. Empty; good. Now, what was Kathryn doing?

I snuck over to her room, and leaned next to the crack in the door. "Listen, Kathryn, you have to help me out! You know Ethan better than I do! I can't do anything! This kid is fully convinced that soulmates aren't real, and history is repeating itself all over again! Do you know how terrible I'll feel if that boy has a kid, gets a divorce, and is forced to give up that kid to his best friend!?" she whisper-shouted. Her voice cracked a couple of times and I could tell she was crying. Which, of course, only made me feel worse.

"That's not going to happen. Ethan's straight, not stupid. Besides, they wouldn't be soulmates if Ethan was actually straight. Tyler just needs to realize that just because Ethan doesn't believe in soulmates, doesn't mean it's too late. As long as he doesn't give up before Ethan gets married, and has that kid." Kat said. I felt tears bubbling in the corners of my eyes.

They were all really that worried about me? And Ty, of course, but still... My parents had always loved me and all, but I thought that was going to be it. I was unlovable. Of course, that was until I met Tyler, but what I also didn't realize is that everyone else here cares about me, too. Just because they might not always understand, doesn't mean they don't care!

I stood up quietly, smiling to myself. I slowly opened the door, making their hushed voices go silent. Chloe smiled, and Kat just kept a straight face. "Ethan, hi! What's up, darling?" she asked. I flinched a bit at the nickname. Darling... That was not my name!
"I heard you guys talking... I didn't know that I meant that much to you guys..." I said, and Kathryn smiled.

"Aww, did our little blue boy think we didn't love him?~" Kat asked, walking over and hugging me. She was so warm, and smelled like coffee... "Kinda?" "That's nonsense! Who wouldn't love a short, blue-haired teddy bear like you?!" she asked, ruffling my hair and sitting back down with a smile still attached to her face.

Chloe's fake smile was gone, and that was making Kat's genuine one begin to fade back to her resting bitchface. "So... Ethan, I know this is a lot to ask, but... could you just think about it? About Tyler? Because of Tyler's mom messing up when she was in the same position as you, once she realized her mistake, it was too late. Now, she's working twenty-four-seven, and she can't even leave her job long enough to visit me and Tyler! But, I'm not to say what you do with your life. I just need to avenge my soulmate. I need to make sure Tyler's happy."

***

I cried. I cried and cried, until my eyes stung and my chest hurt and my shirt was wet with tears. How was I supposed to make a choice? I couldn't choose between Tyler's happiness and my own... "How do I always manage to get myself into situations like this?!" I asked, blowing my nose and wiping away some more tears.

I could ask for help. I know that Kat, Mark or Ty would be more than willing to help me with anything; but Mark's out, Ty is the one who's happiness I'm debating, and Kat is the one that sujected me to this torture... I didn't feel alone anymore, at least, but I knew that reguardless of how alone I felt, some decisions were better made alone.

This, unfortunately, was one of those decisions. And it was the hardest one of my life.

***

There was a knock at my door, and Tyler stepped in before I could even invite him in. The weird feeling came back, and the room started to get hot... Or was that just me? I was so curious why this weird feeling was suddenly lurking around me whenever Tyler was in the room, and I demanded to find out!

Was it, like, my soulmate spidey-senses?! And why were they only acting up now?? I groaned, running a hand through my hair as Tyler approached my bed. "Oh my God Ethan, you look awful!" he said, stopping about three feet away. I laughed a bit. "Heh, thaaaanks..." I rolled my eyes.

"Have you been crying?! Please don't tell me this is about me, is it??" He looked so sad... Damn, I can't tell him! He stepped closer and sat down next to me. "I-It's... not." I was stuttering, but it wasn't because I was nervous about lying to him... I felt my face get hot, and my body get sweaty. "Ethan, are you blushing?" Tyler asked, pointing to my face. "N-no! I-I'll be right back!" I hopped up, dashing across the hall to the bathroom.

I slammed the door shut behind me, taking a look in the mirror. I gasped at my appearance... Tyler was right; I did look awful! My eyes were bloodshot from crying, my air was absolutely crazy, my shirt was covered in sweat, and tears, and my face was blushing intensely. Where did the blush come from?! The weird feeling, the stuttering, the blushing... It all sounded like symptoms from a poorly written fanfiction with a plot that's advancing too quickly...

Am I falling in love?

A/n

No fucking shit, Sherlock! XD Anyway, I hope that chapter was good enough for now, and I know the plot is advancing too quickly, but it's a fanfiction, not a novel! Deal with it! If you want a novel, go read one! Welp, thank you all so much for reading the chapter, I hope you enjoyed it, and I will see you in the next one! Byeee!

SINcerely, Tokki~Kun!