Chapter Eight - Ethan

We all gathered on the sofa, covered ourselves in fluffy blankets, and now we were just waiting for Kat to bring us the movie.

"Kaaaaaaat, what's taking so looooooooong?" I yelled, and Mark groaned. "Ethaaaaaan, shut uuuuuuuuup!" he said, and I laughed. "Fine, geez! You don't have to yell at me!" I said in my goofy voice, giggling as I threw my pillow at him.

"Oh, now you've done it! Pillow fight!" Mark declared, grabbing his pillow and attacking Jack. "Ow! That fuckin' hurt! Bring it, bitch!" the little green bean yelled, grabbing Tyler's pillow and chucking it at Mark.

I laughed, enjoying watching them fight, until I felt a tap on my shoulder. "Ty? Wha-" WHAM! He hit me with a pillow right across my face, and I took one look at his smug smile before I was fired up. "You're going down, bitch!" I laughed, grabbing Jack's pillow.

I smacked Tyler with the pillow as hard ad I could, which barely, if at all, seemed to faze him. "What are you made of, steel?" I laughed as he unironically threw a throw pillow at me. "No, it's just one hundred percent pure manliness." he joked.

The entire time we were carelessly laughing and fighting, I could tell Tyler felt a little... off. Was he just tired? Or maybe he was still hung up over me reminding him too much of his past... "Ty, you okay?" I asked, and he stopped. Thankfully, neither Mark nor Sean noticed.

"Yeah. Why?" he asked, but his eyes were telling me a whole different story. He looked at me in a weird way, but a familiar way. Why? It remided me of my parents... "You just seem a little off today, that's all." I noted, and he sighed.

"Well, something has been on my mind, but unfortunately, you'll all find out soon enough." Before I could ask what he meant, Kathryn came back with the movie I'd chosen, The Fault in our Stars. Yes, I know, it's cheesy, but hey! I'm a cheesy guy~

For most of the movie I leaned against the arm of the sofa, but when things got sad, I leaned on Tyler for comfort. He was so warm, and perfect for cuddling... That was the last thing I remember thinking before I drifted off...

***

"Chloe, seriously, go home!" I heard Tyler growl. I opened my eyes, but I couldn't see a thing. What time was it? And who was Chloe? That girl he was talking to on the phone the other day... "I swear, Chloe, you can not come over! Look, I know you just want to help, but this week just isn't a good time, okay?!"

I could tell he was getting annoyed so I tried to listen to what 'Chloe' was saying through the phone, but I couldn't make out any words. I then realized that I was laying across Tyler's lap. When did that happen?! He sighed.

"I love you too. No matter how annoying you are... Sorry, sorry..." he mumbled, turning off his phone and sighing again, running a hand through his own hair. I closed my eyes again, pretending I was asleep. "Jesus... God, I wish Ethan fucking knew how much I cared... then stupid fucking Chloe wouldn't be coming over and ruining Mark's week with Sean..." he grumbled, and I felt my face get hot.

Why, though? Of course I knew Tyled cared, he followed me into that bathroom, didn't he? Helped me tell the others to make it easier, organized a movie night for me, let me cuddle with him... So then what did he mean? I felt him shift under me as his hand went to his pocket, and I heard a pen click. The hell was he doing?! "But I guess, if he did know, I wouldn't be in this mess... God, I should've told him a long time ago..." he muttered, and I felt his arm moving in fluent motions.

Was he drawing on himself? After a while, I noticed the clock on the DVD player(which isn't usually right, but Sean fixed it so he could go to sleep on time) read 2:43 AM and I groaned, which shocked Tyler so much he dropped the pen, and there was a soft thud as it landed on the carpet.

"Tyleeeer... Go to bed..." I muttered, yawning. I wasn't actually tired until I saw the time. I was too busy listening to Tyler talk that I hadn't really considered that I was tired. "E-Ethan, how long have you been awake?!" Tyler asked nervously. So... I'm guessing based on his reaction that I heard something I wasn't supposed to hear... "About ten minutes." I said truthfully, and he groaned.

"I'm sorry I woke you up..." he muttered. "It's fine. And I know you care about me." He stared at me in shock, although I could just make out his form in the dark room. "What?" he asked. Why was he being so defensive about this? "What you said. That you wish I knew how much you cared." I said, sitting up carefully so as not to wake up Kathryn, who was cuddling with Chika.

"Ethan... You don't know. You couldn't ever possibly know." he said, pulling out his phone again. Ouch. From the light coming from his phone, I could see the little doodle he had made on his arm. It was a cute little cartoony dinosaur... I smiled, and lay back down in his lap. "Ethan...?" he asked curiously, returning his phone to his pocket. "Ty, it's almost three in the morning. I'm going to sleep." I giggled. "R-right. Night, Ethan." he said, leaning back into the sofa and relaxing.

I smiled, feeling the warmth of Tyler's body against my face, which was almost better than having a blanket. I almost instantly fell asleep again, to my relief, thinking of what Tyler could have possibly meant by what he said...

A/n
Okay, so I know I don't do author's notes a lot, buuuut, I needed to just take a moment to explain something before the next chapter. So, Kathryn. She's NOT just some weirdo who ships them and acts like a stalker all day every day, she's just teasing Mark. You'll find out why later, but let's just say, Kat knows a secret about everyone here. (Jack, Mark, Ty, Ethan) So, have fun figuring out that one (or ust read the next chapters), if I even have an audience out there that reads my shit. So, for now, AUTHOR~CHAN, OUT!!! (Also, I made a new Klance One~Shots book, so all you Voltron fans can go check that out if you want~)
SINcerely, Festus~