Prologue-ish (Yes, I know this is at the end, but read it last anyway)

"I remember when we first discovered we were meant to be," Hannah said, rubbing her pregnant belly while leaning on her husband's shoulder. "Yeah?" he responded in his deep, soothing voice. She smiled.

"Yeah. It was in high school. You got that silly dragon tattoo, and while I was teasing you about it, one of your jock buddies pointed out the same tattoo on my shoulder..." she said, moving her shirt aside to reveal a faded tattoo. He smiled as she turned and ran a hand through his dark hair. He reached down to pet his golden retriever that was begging for attention.

"Well, I did that on purpose, you know. I knew it would be you." he said, as the dog fell asleep with it's head on his lap. She smiled, staring at her stomach adoringly.

"You tell me that every day, hon." she giggled, running a hand through her blonde hair. "Mhm?" she nodded. "I want to name him after you." she said, staring adoringly into his eyes. He smiled, kissing his beloved's forehead.

"It would be an honor." he said, and she giggled, kissing his cheek. "I love you, Mark." he smiled. Her soulmate was all she'd ever needed. The asshole she'd hated so many years ago, thought she'd never in a million years actually be destined to be with?

He was the best thing that had ever happened to Hannah. She was happy.

***

Skye sat in the tiny bathroom of the gas station, tears running through the gaps in her fingers, her hands over her eyes. Why? Why did it have to be this way? She looked down at her stomach, and smiled through the tears. "At least I still have you, green bean." She said, reciting her nickname for the baby. She could practically see the smile he would wear when she would finally be able to see him for the first time. She took a marker out of her pocket, and began drawing on her hand.

She was drawing an elegant, faceless woman with long, flowing hair. Her drawing was interrupted when her soulmate on the other side of the line interrupted it with one sentence. "Stop it. I don't ever want anything you draw to appear on my skin ever again, not after what you did." her soulmate wrote on her left palm in green pen.

Skye knew she had screwed up. So, she was pregnant! What was the problem with that, you ask? Well, for starters... Her soulmate was a woman. "At least I still have my green bean..."

She sobbed, rubbing her stomach, and smiling lovingly. Her little green bean... He was the only thing she had left at this point. Skye was a shell.

***

"That's a gourgeous name for him, hun," The man smiled kindly, stroking his wife's hair. "Yeah, I always did like that name. Ethan... It's so bright and bubbly." she nodded slowly. The man smiled, tracing circles on the back of his wife's hands. "It's the perfect name for the perfect boy. He's going to have your looks." he joked, making his wife giggle. "And your happy personality. You're like a hypercative puppy."

"I'm your hyperactive puppy!" he corrected, kissing her cheek. She sighed, staring adoringly at her husband, her soulmate, and wondered how he could have ever thought he wouldn't be enough?

She was happy, that all those years ago, she was able to save him. They could rest in each other's arms, and know that everything was going to be okay.

***

"I don't even know why you bother trying to stay with that creep! He's not your soulmate, it will never work out!" the short woman's best friend called out. "Oh, please! All this stuff about soulmates--it's bullshit. I belong with Nate! I love him!" she yelled, making her friend roll her eyes. "Why are you still even with him?" she asked, shaking her head. The woman bit her lip. "Because I'm pregnant." her friend stood up. "You brought this all upon yourself, Alaina. I don't want to be a part of this. I don't want to stick around long enough to see your kid's heart break in half when his parents split up."

She said, leaving. Alaina's eyes filled with tears. "Fine, Chloe! I don't need you, anyway!"

A/n

This... Is the backstory. For each of them. I don't know their real parent's names, so I just made some up. The only one you really have to recognize is Chloe.

Ohhhhh dear. Okay, it took a lot of courage to post this, because I ususally like to keep things bright and happy, but this, I have a feeling, went a lot deeper than originally planned. So if you don't like that stuff; how did you even make it this far in the book?

Also; the names are just random. Most of them aren't important to the progression of the story, so I didn't want to waste time coming up with them. Sorry! But anyway, that is the end of Ink! This was originally meant to be the Prologue, and it isn't necessarily an epilogue, but... It's a thing?

And thank you all sooo much for so many reads! I never thought anything I'd ever write would get anywhere damn close to what this book did, and I made so many new internet friends while writing it, and learned so much about... Well, pretty much the only thing I learned is that the tallest bridge in LA is the Vincent-Thomas bridge... But hey, that's somethin'!

And... Yeah. I'm sorry that ended on such a sad note, but... That is the end. Thank y'all!

Smile always, and remember; you might think that nobody cares, but there's always someone who would chase after you to that bridge to save your ass. It'll be okay. You just need to remember that you're never alone. We might not all think we have an Ethan, but sometimes you can find one where you least expect it.

(Or just look him up on YouTube 💙)

Sincerely, Josie.