Chapter Fourteen

MARK

After the mall, we looked up at the dark, star covered sky and realized how late it had gotten. "Damn, we've been out awhile..." Sean said, and fiddled with his bracelet. "Hey, why don't we go to a park? There's one nearby here. It's usually fairly empty, but it's a beautiful place!" I suggested. Sean smiled at the idea, and I'm assuming he was just pumped to spend more time together, crush or no!

The park was close enough for us to walk, so we walked over in a comfortable silence until we reached the small field. There was a huge tree in the middle, one that had a thick and mossy trunk.

We walked over to the tree, sitting on opposite sides and leaning against the mossy bark. I lay my head back and used the moss as a pillow, thinking to myself, "How come I've only ever been here alone? Why didn't I ever think to show Ty, Ethan or Kat? Hell, I haven't even taken Chika on a walk here before..." the thought struck me as weird. I shrugged it off.

Suddenly, I felt Sean grab my hand, tightening his grip... I felt him shift closer to me, and my face got hot. "Mark, thanks for bringing me here! The park is lovely, and damn, the sky!" he pointed upwards enthusiastically at the view, and I simply smiled.

SEAN

Up until this point, it felt like Hell trying to resist the urge to pin him to a wall and kiss that smug look off his face, but now, it wasn't hard. Just impossible! That was it, then. This was my moment! Even if I risk the greatest friendship I've ever had, I have to do this!

I spun around to get a better look at Mark's face. His pale skin looked dark and eerie with the rays of dim moonlight shining through the leaves of the tree we were under, and his dark hair almost blended in with the sky. "Sean, what-" he turned to me, presumably wondering why I was staring, and I took my shot.

I grabbed his face, and slammed my lips onto his. Our foreheads bumped a bit, making me flinch. "Ow, that fuckin' hurt!" I thought, trying to ignore the stinging. Mark sat there, frozen in awe, and I couldn't blame him! We sat still for awhile, before Mark finally began to kiss back.

When I felt him melting into the kiss, I wanted to jump up and down and squeal in excitement. It was finally happening, yes! I was kissing my ...best friend? Hero, crush, soulmate?! All of the above?! And he was kissing me back!

MARK

Why did this feel so absolutely perfect?! And hey, how come nobody told me I was gay?! I kissed the potato back once I realized what he was doing, and let me tell you, it felt great. Like some huge weight had been lifted off my chest. One that had hurt so bad, I hadn't even known it was there!

When he pulled away, he looked absolutely embarrassed. "S-sorry, Mark! That was... Nope. I don't regret it." he said, staring me dead in the eye. "Mark Edward Fishbach, I am in love with you. Deal with it." he said, crossing his arms but not moving.

It took me a slow minute to realize he was waiting for a response. "I..." but that was all I could say. I just flashed him a crazy, lopsided smile. "I don't know what I'm feeling right now, but if it is what I think it is, Mc Loughlin, you're in trouble!"

I giggled, looking up again. "What do you think it is?" "Love."

SEAN

Those words filled me with relief. I felt like a hole in my heart had been filled. Ever since my mom had died, I'd been alone. I didn't have a mom, or a dad, or a Chloe. All I'd had was me, until I had the internet. Then I had my fans, and Mark. The man who helped me wake up each day, and put a smile on my face when there was no mother to give me a hug...

The man who cherished every moment, from something as big as a first kiss to something as small as getting coffee, or going to the mall... Mark was the man I had fallen in love with, and the one that was slowly falling in love with me. Someone loved me.

I was complete.