Chapter Thirteen - Sean

As soon as Mark and I escaped the awkward room, we raced each other to the car. "There's no way in Hell I was gonna stick around there any longer!" I laughed, collapsing onto the leather seat of Mark's car. "Hell no! That was awkward as fuck! Here, I'm gonna turn some music on." he reached over, turning on the radio. I smiled, and clicked my seatbelt shut so that I (hopefully) wouldn't go flying out the window.

We sat through the car ride in comfortable silence, as I listened to Mark humming to Meghan Trainor and pointing out all the "Punch Buggies" so I could hit him. Must be a weird American thing. I guess he felt bad about the whole me having a crush on him thing... In all honesty, I felt kida bad about it too. I should've told Mark awhile ago, and maybe then he would've given me a chance...

Oh well. He's my soulmate for a reason, right? I guess we'll just have to leave it up to fate... When we finally arrived at the mall, the parking lot was packed, and the only parking space was a good walking distance away from the mall, which is not good when you're lazy like I am.

"Stupid busy mall day..." I rolled my eyes, looking both ways before beginning to walk to the mall. Of course, when we arrive, naturally the first thing Mark wants to do is--"PUPPIES!" He squealed, dashing over to the pet store in the mall. A brunette lady sitting behind the desk that looked bored as Hell perked up when we walked in.

"Hello, welcome to Fuzzy Friends! Can I lend you a paw today?" the woman asked, reciting the embarassing line they're paid to ask each potential customer. I smiled. "Sure thing, uh..." I caught sight of her name tag. "Karen!" she beamed. "Paw-some! What can I help you with?" she asked, and Mark pointed to the display case.

"Get that one out! I wanna pet it!" he squealed. "What's the magic word, Mark?" I groaned, and he glared at me. "Pleeeease?" "Ask Karen, not me." "I fucking hate you." "Love you too!" I laughed as the short woman opened the display case, retrieving a small white dog that literally just looked like a living cottonball. "Aww, it's so cute!" Mark gushed as soon as Karen handed him the dog. "His name is Maple."

I scoffed. Wow, some of the dogs here have the worst names... poor guys. "Aww, Maple! Who's an adorable little puppy-wuppy?! Youuuuu arrre!" he giggled, petting the tiny dog while it tried to worm out of his arms. "Alright Mark, we better go before you wind up adopting three..." I muttered, handing Maple back to Karen and dragging Mark out of the pet store.

"Come on, Mark, work with me! You're a grown-ass man!" I growled when he refused to budge from his stance by the display window. "Seaaaan, I can't just leave them heeeere!" he wimpered. "I'm sure they'll get adopted soon enough, you big baby. Now come on, let's go get a smoothie or something." I grabbed his hair instead, and he followed me a lot less reluctantly now.

"Let go of my hair, you stupid Irish son of a bitch!" he cried out, trying to pry my hands off his precious dark hair, which only made it worse. "Nope. Not until we're faaaar away from Fuzzy Friends..." I laughed, dragging him around the corner and releasing my grip. "Finally, freedom!" he called out in relief. I giggled. "You're such a goofball!" I joked, punching him playfully in the chest.

"And you're such an asshole." "Can't argue with you there!"

***

After about an hour, we'd already eaten lunch and were now exploring the clothing department of the mall. "You know, fans joke about it all the time, but I've never actually been in a Hot Topic... I wonder what it's like inside..." he mumbled, and we drifted towards the store. It was blasting MCR music, so really it was already my kinda place! We wondered over to a section in the back that had a bunch of cosplay stuff.

"Look, Mercy wings!" I said, picking up pieces for an Overwatch cosplay. "Of course you'd go for the overwatch stuff..." Mark rolled his eyes, and picked up a red hat. "It's-a me, Mario!" he said in a terrible impression of Mario's accent, tossing me a green hat. "Come on-a Luigi! Let's-a be twins!" he said, making me laugh. I'd never realized how appropriate the colors of Mario and Luigi were for us!

"Why-a not?" I shrugged, taking the hat and putting it atop my green hair. Mark laughed at the two of us in the mirror, and I was fighting the urge to kiss him. He doesn't want that, and I have to respect him, right? Unfortunately, yes. We kept trying on other cosplay stuff--I put on a Mercy costume and Mark put on a Reaper one (please tell me if I'm saying this right I literally know nothing about Overwatch ;-;).

Then, I found a set of superhero costumes. "Ooh, Mark, look at these! You'd look so badass in one of these!" I squealed. I immediately went for a Spiderman one, and Mark grabbed a Deadpool suit. We got changed into the costumes, posing once again in front of the mirror.

"You were right... We look so awesome!" he said, pulling out his phone to take a picture of us in the cosplay. I smiled like a goofball, and did the Spiderman thing (you know?! The pew-pew thing?? Where his hand goes like... I can't explain it in writing, forget it 😂) "We would make pretty amazing superheroes." he said, admiring himself in the costume. "Leave that for the fanfiction." I rolled my eyes, going to the dressing room to change out of the costume.

Mark and I decided to buy the Mario and Luigi hats as keepsakes, and went to the store across the hallway from Hot Topic to get soft pretzels. "Thanks for bringing me out here, Mark. To LA, I mean." I said, taking a bite of my cinnamon pretzel. He smiled and ruffled my hair a bit. "No problem, Jackaboy!"

Oh God, it kills me that I can't kiss his stupid face right now...