Chapter Eleven - Tyler

A/n

Thank you for almost 250 views!!! ❤ I'm honestly just writing this for fun, but the fact that so many people have read / are reading it is heartwarming! Anyways, thank you, and let's get on with the chapter!

SINcerely, Tokki~Kun!

I woke up to feel Mark shaking my shoulder. "Tyler, wake up, dammit!" Mark yelled. All his yelling made both me and Ethan wake up, which also made me a little pissed. "What do you want, Mark?" I groaned, and he pointed to the door. My face fell. "Chloe! Uhh..." her expression told me that if I made them make her leave, she would give me absolute hell about it. "Oh, God, Chloe..." I ran over to her, and squeezed her in a hug, which was hard to do because she was about two feet shorter than me.

"It's so good to see you! What are you doing here?!" I asked, hissing the last part through gritted teeth. She smirked, raising an eyebrow. "So, which one of you is Ethan?" she asked as Kathryn came downstairs. "Hey, Mark, what's all the noise abo--oh, hey, Chloe." she said, and everyone turned to her. "Oh, Kathryn! A pleasure to finally meet you!" Chloe said, smirking. I stared between the two of them. Chloe knew Kathryn? I'd never told her much... And I'd also never even mentioned her to Kathryn...

"Since you're Mark," Chloe pointed to him, "And you're Jack, aka Sean," she pointed to Jack, "Then you must be Ethan!" she ran over to the blue-haired boy, and hugged the living daylights out of him. "Uh... Yeah? And who are you...?" he asked awkwardly, sending me a "help" glare.

"Chloe. Tyler's caretaker, actually!" she chirped, stepping back. "Tyler speaks the world of you, you know? I hear you're very close!" she said, and for a second I could just make out her faded British accent, but it was still there. Ethan nodded. "Yeah! Our friendship is special!" he giggled, making Chloe raise an eyebrow and smirk.

"So I assume you and Tyler talked things out, then? Well that's a relief! Here I was, thinking I would practically have to force Tyler to tell you-" she stopped when she saw me shaking my head. Nononono, why did Chloe have to mention it?! Ethan and I haven't talked at all! Damn you and your terrible assumptions, Chloe! You're lucky I love you...

"Tell me what?" Ethan frowned. "Ty and I haven't talked about anything that important recently..." he turned around and glared at me. "Ethan, she's not talking about... that! I swear! It's a misunderstanding." I said, and he sighed. Chloe raised an eyebrow at 'that'. "Then what is she talking about, Ty?"

I froze. Shit, now what?! I don't want Ethan to be mad, but I also don't want to tell him just yet... "The reason he's afraid of you not liking the idea of soulmates. He wouldn't tell me why you thought that, but... I just need to explain something." she said, and I sighed in relief. Chloe may have been good at messing up, but the thing about doing something alot is that you learn how to fix it. What don't kill you makes you stronger, I guess.

"A long time ago, Tyler's mother and I were very close friends, when she realized I was her soulmate. She swore she wasn't a lesbian, and she tried to prove soulmates weren't real. So, she married a boy and had Tyler. The thing was, she didn't really love the man. It was out of spite. So, when he realized this and left her, she was too poor to afford Tyler, and handed him off to me, her best friend. Tyler just doesn't want to see you unhappy, and he thinks it would be too painful for him to raise your kid someday, knowing he failed to warn you." she said, and Ethan's jaw dropped.

"I... I didn't realize. Look, Ty, I'm sorry, but... I just can't. I know it'll be hard for you to accept, but I'm... not like your mom. I'm not doing it out of spite! Besides, it's not like you're my soulmate or anything!"

I wanted to tell him so badly. More than anything. Now was my moment. Should I? Chloe was nodding encouragingly. "Umm... Should we leave?" Mark asked, standing by the door. "I think so..." Sean whispered back, and they walked out quickly. I saw Kat slowly back up the stairs.

"Ethan... About that... His eyes widened. "Ty, what do you mean, about that?! There's nothing about that!" he said nervously. Chloe sighed, sitting on the couch and patting the seat next to her. "Ethan, take a seat." he looked scared. "No! Tyler, tell me now!" he demanded. I sighed, running a hand through my hair. "I was hoping you wouldn't get mad, but I guess that's inevitable..." I mumbled, picking up the pen I'd dropped on the floor last night.

"Tyler, answer me!" he said sternly. I smiled sadly, uncapping the pen. "I am." I walked over to Ethan. I started to draw on his cheek, which took him by surprise. I drew a little heart. He was about to protest, when his jaw dropped. The room went silent as the exact same one appeared on mine. I bit my lip, capping the pen as I took a step back. "Yes, Ethan Nestor. Yes I am. I'm your soulmate, and my mom's life is happening all over again."

Tears welled up in my eyes, and Ethan couldn't even move. Chloe watched silently, her expression grim. Ethan stood up. "I can't do this. You're my best friend, Ty, but I just... I can't do this. It's not spite, it's just... I'm not gay, Ty. And I'm not in love with you, nor will I ever be. I'm sorry." he said, standing up and walking over to me. "But I will always, always, be your best friend...." he hugged me tightly, and I smiled, feeling the tears spill over my cheeks. "Yeah... Sure."

All I could see was Chloe over Ethan's shoulder, about to cry. We were too late. I was going to have to watch this happen, and I couldn't help but think it would all be my fault.

A/n

Sorry that was so short ;-;... That killed me a little to write... I made this chapter a bit more realistic, but let's be real--you're not here to read what would actually happen; You're here for romance, and I'm here to write some, so just wanted to let you know that Ethan is bi. In this book, at least. He's just a little... Slow. That's all I'm saying, though. Again, thanks for so many reads!!! It means a lot ❤

SINcerely, Tokki~Kun!