Chapter Six - Mark

A/n

I saw a comment from awhile ago that I somehow didn't notice until now, from Narwhalegameplays who wanted to see where the thing with Ethan not believing in soulmates was going, and I'm sorry I didn't reply, but not to worry! I still plan on going somewhere with that concept, and hopefully you won't be disappointed! Anyway, without further ado, here's chapter six!

SINcerely, Festus

Falling asleep with the small Irish boy in my arms was much easier to do than it would seem. If anything, I slept better while holding him. "If only I could sleep this well every night..." I said aloud, stretching my arms above my head. It was only then that I realized that Jack--er, Sean, wasn't next to me. "Sean?" I asked aloud, although he obviously wasn't in the room. I stood up slowly so I wouldn't get a headache, and walked over to the door. When I opened it, I was instantly hit with the smell of pancakes coming from downstairs.

"You guys are up early. Tyler, you're making pancakes again?" I asked, seeing the boy in the kitchen wearing his favorite apron. It was one Ethan got him as a joke, that said "Kiss the Cook" in a calligraphic font, lined with pink lace. Sometimes, Tyler cooked just as an excuse to wear the damn apron. Even when it was unnecessary--for example; instant noodles. It made Kat go crazy; she was a hardcore Tythan shipper, although I was always skeptical about it. They were just so... opposite. And I know what they say about opposites attract, but I don't think I could get along with someone who didn't like dogs, sooo... I'm calling bullshit on that one. "Hell yeah I am. You lookin at my apron?" he asked defensively, and I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Yeah, totally." "I'd like to see you in nothin' but that apron." Sean joked, chugging another glass of orange juice.

We all laughed at Sean's joke, but Ethan looked a little uneasy about it. "Well, I was thinking that since Jack's here, we have an excuse to check out that lazer tag place. C'mon!" Kat said abruptly, bouncing up from her seat on the couch. "Hold yer horses, KitKat," I said, gesturing to Tyler who was literally only wearing pajama pants and an apron. "Nobody here is ready to go anywhere on the spot. Besides, why does having Sean give us any more of an excuse to go play lazer tag?" I thought aloud. "Duh. He looks the most like a kid out of all of us!" Kat exclaimed, laughing. "Hey! Besides, I act like a kid, too!" he said, not really being able to argue with her point.

"Perfect! Now, let's go, shall we?~" Kat asked, in a tone that made Ethan,Tyler and I nervous. Jack doesn't know much about her, but the rest of us know. She ships both Septiplier and Tythan like CRAZY. (Not trying to make Kat seem like a psycho. I love the girl <3)

***

"Um... am I the only one having second thoughts?" I aksed, shooting a look at Tyler that said "What does she have planned now?!" "What? Seriously, Mark? Let's go!" Jack said, and the look on his face was so hard to refuse! "Yeah, Mark. Wouldn't want to disappoint our guest." she said evilly. I crossed my arms, and sighed. "Lazer tag it is." I concluded, and she squealed excitedly. "Yay! C'mon, let's go!" she said, grabbing her keys. I followed her, whispered in her ear. "Kathryn, if you try anything, I swear-" I started, but she shushed me. "Relax, Mark. I just want to play lazer tag." she said, rolling her eyes. I have to give her the benefit of the doubt, I guess. We followed her out the door, and all crammed into her small car. I, being the gentleman that I am, called shotgun.

"Thank God. At least now I won't have to listen to Mark's fucking puns the whole ride." Jack grumbled. "Aw, c'mon, Sean. You know you love them!" I teased. "Almost as much as he loves you." Kat teased, pulling out of the driveway. "Kathryn, you have a death wish."

***

We finally arrived at lazer tag, although the car ride was pretty fun. Whenever a Taylor Swift song came on(twice), all five of us would start singing at the top of our lungs, and almost all of us knew the lyrics by heart, except  Sean. "Literally the only song I know is Bad Blood." When we got inside, the wait was surprisingly short, and we were able to sign up for a game right away. I chose BumBum as my name, and since Kat was before me, I noticed her name was "Cupid", which made me even more uneasy about her bringing all of us here. "Alright, we're going to go over some very simple safety procedures on how to behave while in the lazer tag arena." The lady said in a drone-like voice. Most employees at places like this only have two settings anyway; robotic, or so perky and fake that it's annoying. I preferred this one.

After she was done explaining, we all went to our numbered vests, and I saw Tyler grab the one next to mine. "Hey, we're on the same team! Best of luck!" he said, and I smiled nervously. "Yep." When I fet a tap on my shoulder. It was Ethan, whose bright blue hair was practically glowing in the dark. "I don't like this... We're all on the same team except Kat." he said nervously, gesturing to Kathryn getting her vest from a rack on the opposite side of the room. I shook my head. "No, Sean's on her team, too." I said, but he still didn't look satisfied. "I still feel like Kat's planning something..." he trailed off. "Oh, I know she is." he shot me a confused look. "She named herself 'Cupid.'"

***

Strangely enough, it seems like we were just being paranoid. We all had a blast, and Kathryn was just acting like her normal, competitive self. After the round was over, I walked up to her to apologize. "Kat? I'm sorry for thinking you had some elaborate plan set up... I know you're not crazy." She just smiled. "It's not that I don't have anything planned. It's just that I want Sean to get along fairly well with me so he trusts me later on." she teased, smiling proudly. I laughed. "You smart bastard..." I felt Tyler tap the back of my shoulder, and he had an upset look on his face. "Ty? You okay, buddy?" I asked, and he shook his head. "Ethan won't talk to me... he locked himself in the bathroom and won't come out." he said worriedly. "What? Why?" I could tell that Kat had left to get a drink or something, because I no longer felt her gaze on the back of my neck.

"I don't know! He's still been acting kind of on-edge ever since he told me he didn't believe in soulmates.... do you think he just said that he'd give it a try to make me happy?" he asked, and I sighed. "There's really no way to know. Ethan... I know he had some problems growing up, but he never really went into detail. All I know is that it's left him emotionally scarred, and he's never been too fond of the whole idea of soulmates, so the fact that he gave it up on the spot? Yeah, he was probably just trying to make you happy." I said truthfully, which only seemed to stress him out more. "Damn, I probably made him feel like shit... I feel so bad..." he trailed off, taking off his beanie and running a hand through his curly brunette hair.

"Maybe... You should try to talk to him. After all, we can't just leave him here, reguardless." I pointed out, and he sighed. "I guess you're right... God, I can't believe I fucked up so badly..." he muttered before trudging off towards the bathrooms.