Chapter Ten - Mark

This can't be happening...

Sean? My whole life, I've been waiting for some supermodel girl, or at least a girl, I've been looking at the mall, I've been going to see chick movies, all in hopes of meeting my significant other... When it was a dude all along...?

I wish I'd never let Kat draw on my arm... "I... have to talk to Kathryn." Now, I was kinda pissed. I stood up, and Sean just sat there in shock. God, I felt so bad... Kathryn just ruined our week together! I ran up to her room, and I found her editing a video that I had been working on before I left to pick Sean up at the airport. "Kat! Remember that doodle of Chika you drew on my hand?!" I asked, and she nodded, barely looking up. "Yeah. I'm guessing Sean noticed, and now he's totally embarrassed?" she asked, taking a long sip of her coffee. I froze in the doorway.

"Wait... You knew?!" I yelled, my jaw dropping. She rolled her eyes. "Duh. I'm your editor." she said. "Wait, why in hell is that relevant?!" I asked, getting more pissed at her by the second. "Well, I have to blur out all the writing on your hands and stuff so the fans couldn't watch Jack's videos and see him with the same ones, because God kows that woukd make handling the fanbase an even bigger pain." she said calmly. "Wait, wait, wait... How long have you known this?" She shrugged. "A year...?" My jaw dropped. "And you didn't tell me?!" I yelled.

She shot me a confused look. "You didn't know?" "OF COURSE I DIDN'T KNOW!" She laughed. "Oh, you're kidding! That's damn hilarious!" she said, and nearly dropped her coffee cup she was laughing so hard. "Kathryn, seriously! Look, there has to be some mistake!" I said, rubbing my forehead. I was getting a headache from all this yelling...

"Nope. Why would there be a mistake?" she asked curiously. "Because I'm not gay?!" She just glared at me. "You're kidding, right? Have you met yourself?" she asked sarcastically. "You know what? I don't believe you. I'm gonna get Sean up here, and prove it." I said, running back downstairs. "Sean? Sean!" I found him at the table, drawing on himself with a pen. He made a little Tiny Box Tim on the back of his hand... It was actually kind of cute... I grabbed a Sharpie off the table, and grabbed Sean's wrist, dragging him behind me to Kat's room. "Hey, what's the big idea?! Where are we going?!" he asked me hesitantly. "To make Kat confess that this is some sick joke." I said, stomping upstairs. This time, he followed me more willingly, but his expression looked hurt. I stopped in front of Kat's room, and she was still staring at the doorway with a smirk on her face.

"I'm going to draw cat whiskers on Sean's face, and you're not stopping me. We're not soulmates, I know it, and neither of us are gay!" Sean flinched. "Um, Mark?" I ignored him, uncapping the marker. "Really, Mark, you don't have to." he said. "The Tiny Box Tim I just drew on myself?" he asked, pointing to my hand. I looked down, and saw the exact same one. "Oh, and you're wrong, by the way." he said, making me look up in confusion. His face was red, and he scratched the back of his neck. "I sort of... am gay..." he admitted, and my jaw dropped. "Am... Am I being punked??" I asked, my face suddenly heating up. Sean shook his head awkwardly, and Kat just sighed. "No. Now, leave me alone, please? I need to finish blurring out the pen mark Tyler got on your neck..." she said, taking another sip of coffee and turning back to the computer. I looked back at Sean, and looked at his neck. There was a mark on him, too... The same place Ty accidentally drew on me. I thought that was a scar!

"I'm sorry you're just learning this about me now, Mark... but my crush on you was sort of what drove me to do YouTube in the first place. I'm sorry if you hate me now, but... Yeah. I've been wanting to get that off my chest for awhile." he said, and I noticed his voice crack before he suddenly walked off to his room. I closed the door to Kat's room behind us, and I was all alone. This whole time I'd known Sean... And I'd never noticed?! I walked down the hall to Sean's room, and opened the door. His clothes were strewn lazily his bed... "He must be in the shower..." I said, sitting down on his neatly made bed. I figured I'd wait for him to finish getting a shower so we could talk.

I don't want to be in a relationship with him, but... he needs to know that I don't hate him. I looked around the room. It looked practically untouched, minus the suitcase, the clothes on the bed, and... "Who's that?" I mumbled, spotting a framed picture of a woman on his dresser. She looked just like Sean... She had long, brunette hair, bright blue eyes, and that same dazzling smile... She was beautiful! There was something scribbled on the side... Words, I think... I got up to take a closer look, and picked up the picture carefully.

Skye Mc Loughlin, 1968-1990

This woman was only twenty-two when she died? Damn, that's sad... "This must be his sister." I mumbled under my breath, and I quickly put the picture back as I heard the bathroom door creak open. Sean stood there, his hair soaking and a towel wrapped around his waist. I know he was just in the shower, but something told me those were tears rolling down his cheeks.

"I never had a sister. That woman, Skye? That's my mom." he said, the tears rolling down his cheek. "1990... isn't that-" "The year I was born." he interrupted me, sitting down on the bed where I was just a few minutes ago. "Yeah. She died when she had me. I... I was given to the orphanage. They gave me this picture of my mum a few years later. She left it in her will... They said she left it to her... Her green bean." he said, laughing slightly at the baby nickname, his voice cracking. "Hence, the green hair." he concluded, still staring at his mother.

"I'm sorry, Sean..." I said, looking at the woman's striking resemblance to him. "It's fine. Not like you killed her... I did." he said, and I could hear the guilt in his voice. "Sean, it's not your fault! Miscarriage happens all the time!" he sighed. "I know, I just can't help but feel guilty." I instinctively hugged him, which surprised both of us, but neither of us pulled away. "You know, I would never hate you because you're gay." I said, and he giggled, which I suddenly found adorable. "I know... You could never hate anyone. That was stupid of me to think..." I nodded. "Yes, it was! Know what? Why don't we go to the mall? Have some you-me time?" I suggested, standing up. He smiled, putting the picture of Skye McLoughlin back on the dresser.

"Sounds good!" He changed as I grabbed my keys, and we walked downstairs to the door. We were both more than ready to take our minds off the sadness and surprise, but right as I opened the door, a woman on the other side that looked shocked. "Oh, sorry! I was just about to knock!" the woman said apologetically. "It's fine, just... Who are you?" I asked, hoping it wasn't a crazy fan. "Oh, sorry! Silly me~ You must be Mark and Sean, yes?" she asked, pointing to us. "Listen, Lady. Who are you?" Sean asked more sternly.

The woman kept smiling. She was pretty short, almost as tall as Jack, and had curly blonde hair. She was wearing no makeup, but still somehow looked knockout gorgeous, and was also rocking some baggy sweatpants and a hot-pink frilly crop top. She reminded me of a modern-day version of Queenie from Fantastic Beasts, but shorter and significantly prettier. The lady giggled, and raised an eyebrow. "Why don't 'cha ask Ty?~"