Chapter Two - Mark

I ran my hand through my dark hair, leaning back in my chair, and sighed. I stared at the list on my palm... "Video, Milk, Movie, huh? Sounds like one busy girl. I can't wait yo meet her... maybe the video is implying that she's a YouTuber!" I said, fantasizing about which of my internet friends it could be.

"Lily? She did make a video about the Hunger Games... Or maybe it was... oh, who knows?!" I giggled, grabbing my phone. I was going to text Sean! "Sean?" I texted, and he almost immediately replied with a call. "Why do you even bother texting me at this point?" he sighed in annoyance through the phone. "Just 'cuz. Anyway, I have big news!!" I squealed. Sean laughed at my over-excitedness. "Shoot." I heard him take a sip of something. "I think I've found out who my soulmate is!" I heard him spit out the drink, and start coughing. "W-what, really?!" he said, and I nodded before realizing he couldn't see me nod through the phone(am I the only one who does this??).

"Yeah! Wanna take a guess?" I asked, and he groaned. "No! Just tell me!" I giggled. "Okay... I think my soulmate is... Lily Singh!" I said, and Sean said nothing. "As in, Superwoman Lily Singh?" he asked, and I again nodded before saying "Yup." He laughed. "That's great, bud. Why don't you ask her?" he suggested. "You know what? I will. Thanks, Sean!" I said, hanging up without another word. I was going to call Lily! Lily, my potential future wife! I can't believe it! I always knew the day would eventually come, but to think... And I was only twenty-three!

I dialed Lily's number, and after a few rings, she picked up. "Hey, Mark. What's up?" she asked sweetly. "Oh, nothing much. I just wanted to talk to you about something." I said, a playful smile dancing across my lips. "Actually, I've been meaning to tell you something, as well!" had she realized it, too? I smiled. "You first, m'lady." She took a deep breath. "I found my soulmate!" she squealed. I raised an eyebrow. "Really? And who might that be?" She inhaled and exhaled slowly, trying to contain her happiness. "DWAYNE JOHNSON!" I froze. She was kidding. Right?

"Um... excuse me?" She giggled. "Haven't you seen my new Instagram?? All his tattoos are popping up on my skin!" she gushed. I quickly went on Instagram, and saw that she was right. "O-oh. That's... great. Good for you, Lily." I said, and she giggled. "Thanks, Mark. It means so much coming from you! Anyway, Im supposed to be getting ready for a date with Dwayne, but feel free to call me later, okay? Bye, boo!" she said quickly, hanging up before I could even say goodbye(I am aware that this is unrealistic but the only other person I used to ship her with is gay so deal).

I sighed, as tears filled my eyes. "If it's not Lily, then who is it?" I groaned, staring at the ceiling. "She has to be waiting for me, too, somewhere... I can feel it..." I said, staring at my hand, when I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. Sean was calling. "Hey, buddy! How'd it go with Lily?" he asked, and I sighed. "It's not her..." I said, my voice cracking. Silence. "Jeez, I don't even know what to say... I'm sorry, dude." he said sheepishly, and I smiled half-heartedly. "Thanks, Sean. You're the most supportive person I know." I said, and he giggled. "Hey, I forgot to tell you. I'm flying over to LA in a few weeks to see some sunshine. Mind if I stay with you?" he asked, and I laughed. "Of course, Sean. Anytime." I said, and I could practically see his glowy smile.

"Thanks, dude! Hey, I've gotta go to sleep and rest up for the weekend, and you should too. Call it a night?" I sighed. "Yup. Night, Sean." I said, hanging up. "Sean really knows how to cheer a guy up..." I said blankly, staring at the ceiling before I finally dozed off.

***Two Weeks Later***

I awoke to the annoying screeching of my alarm in my ear, and reached over, slamming my fist onto the SNOOZE button. Why was my alarm even on, anyway? It was a Saturday... I yawned and got up anyway, knowing that I wouldn't be able to go back asleep even if I wanted to. I walked into the kitchen, when I noticed a notification on my phone. Curious, I picked it up. "Pick up Sean from airport, three a.m." "OH SHIT THAT'S RIGHT!" I yelled, looking at the time. I was twenty five minutes late! Still in my pjorts(#notsponsored), I grabbed my keys and phone and dashed to the parking lot of my apartment building, dashing to my car and starting it as fast as possible. "No time for drive-thru," I thought sadly as I passed several Dunkin' Donuts, each of the signs tempting me to stop.

Somehow, I made it to the airport quicker than expected(on account of it being about three in the morning with no traffic), and was only fifteen minutes late. I dashed into the airport in my pajamas, and saw Sean still waiting by the baggage claim. I snuck up behind him, and tackled him into a hug, which made him jump in surprise. "H-help!" he squeaked out, making me giggle. "Just me, Sean," I said, letting go and stepping back. He sighed in relief. "Hey, Mark. You're a bit late, but I don't mind. Besides, being on time is still no good if I don't have my luggage."

I smiled. "Isn't that your suitcase?" I asked, pointing to a blue one with wheels. He nodded. "Finally, there she is!" he said as I helped him pull it off the conveyor belt. "Alright, so we're ready to go, then?" I asked, and Sean yawned, nodding. "Y....ep." I grabbed one of his bags, and we started walking to my car. "So Sean, you never did explain what you were doing coming to LA." I said, and he just smiled. "I just came to visit you." he said, practically glowing with hapiness. Fuck Septiplier, but if I had to be gay, I would undoubtedly pick this guy to be gay for.