7

Alexandria's POV

I sat across from Dean at a fancy restaurant as we joked around. The entire night we received dirty looks from everyone around us but we didn't care because we were having fun. It was a nice change from always being stressed out from work.

"So tell me, how did you get here to WWE? I've never asked you." Dean asked and I swallowed the food I had in my mouth.

Should I tell him about my dad? I mean, Drew and the McMahon's are the only ones who know because they're good family friends and Drew is my best friend. Yet, Drew was my best friend for years. I only started talking to Dean a couple weeks ago. I still have yet to trust him fully. I decide to put out the part about my dad and change his name.

"Well, I watched wrestling since I was four. Its always been a thing in my family, every Monday night we'd crowd around the TV. As I got older, nothing really interested me except for music and wrestling. I could've either went the music route, playing bass guitar in a band, or go this route. I chose this one. Well anyway, I started training myself when I was fifteen, I couldn't wait anymore. I made makeshift rings in my backyard and stayed after school in the gym working out for hours. I taught myself how to wrestle, despite my families warnings. They grew up watching it too but they thought it was dangerous." I pause to take a sip of water as Dean listens intently. "Anyway, when I was seventeen, I enrolled into a school and finally had my first match."

The story wasn't a complete lie. My dad did warn me but he was never against it. Once I was enrolled into the school, he took me seriously and trained me as well.

"That's pretty cool." Dean said nodding. "But you're lying."

I felt my heart beat hard as I look up at him. How did he know? I must have sounded unsure in my words.

"I know you're lying because you put a lot of emphasis on family. A regular family wouldn't be so worried, no a wrestler would be worried." Dean smirks, proud of his work. "You're the daughter of a wrestler. I've been in this business to long."

I felt my face heat up. He really put me on the spot.

"You weren't supposed to know." I say sheepishly. "My story was true up until the school part. My dad realized I was good and that I was serious and trained me."

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have called you out like that oh my." His cheeks heat up. "I probably just ruined the date."

I put my hand on top of his. "No, no you didn't. You just caught me off guard. No one has ever caught my lie. Well I guess I should be honest with you if we're going to be dating."

I smirk as I watched Deans eyes widen. "Dating?!'

"Yes, tonight was amazing and I'd like to keep doing this." I admit,feeling my cheeks turn red.

"Woo!" Dean cheers earning dirty looks from the entire restaurant. "What? You guys just wish you were as happy as us!"

I hold back a laugh. "Dean!"

A waiter comes up to us and I already know what he is going to ask. "Okay okay we're going." I roll my eyes, grabbing Deans hand.

Dean laughs, handing the waiter the money for the bill as I drag him out.

"That, was amazing. The way you basically carried us out of there." Dean chuckles.

I watch as his eyes shine, a sign of true  happiness.

"I don't think we're made for fancy restaurants." I laugh. "We're too loud."

"Oh well." Dean shrugs. "Anywhere with you is great."

I blush as Dean wraps his arms around me. We decide to walk back to the hotel, enjoying each others company.

■■■

I climbed up the turnbuckle and hit the Temper Drop on Sasha Banks. As I go to pin her, music blasted throughout the entire arena.

Carmella.

A grimace fell onto my face as I turned to face her. She chewed her gum obnoxiously as she stalked down the ramp.

"What do you want?" I shout, forgetting about Sasha in the ring.

Before she could answer, I feel myself being rolled up into a pin.

1

2

Kickout!

I punch Sasha in the gut and she doubled over. I get up and bounce off the ropes before delivering a scissor kick to her head.

I quickly rolled her up.

1

2

3!

The bell rings and I jump up in celebration. I smiled smugly at Carmella as she gave me a glare. Nothing could distract me from winning. Climbing up the turnbuckles, I slid the bracelets off my wrists and throw them out to the crowd. As I waved at a fan, I felt my feet being swept off the turnbuckle and I fell on the mat back first. The stinging in my back raged as I arched my back, rolling around on the ground.

I open my eyes to be met with a foot. The kicks were hard and my ears begun to ring. I grab the leg that was kicking me and pulled forward, knocking them on their ass. I groan as I rolled out of the ring and onto the floor.

I let my arm slide under the apron as i felt the familiar cool metal in my hand. I pull the chair out and quickly roll in the ring, meeting my attacker.

Carmella.

Oh no, she messed with the wrong girl.

I kicked Carmella in the stomach before bringing the steel chair down on her. I landed multiple chair shots to her, disregarding the fact that the chair was bent already.

Refs ran down the ramp and pulled me off of her. I screamed in anger, throwing the chair at Carmella and stormed up the ramp.

Once behind the curtain, I break character and a stage crew hands me water. I thank him as I hold my head. She really kicked me hard.

"You should probably go to the trainers room to get that checked out." I turn to see who was talking to me and it was Dean. "It looked bad."

"Yeah you're right." I nod, chugging down my water.

"I'll walk you. My match isn't for another hour." Dean offers and I give him a smile.

"I'd like that." I accept, throwing the water bottle in a nearby trashcan.

Dean wraps an arm around my shoulder and we began to walk slowly towards the trainers room. My head was pounding and I was in no mood to rush. She really botched one of her kicks.

"I'm kind of scared." I spoke up after a few minutes. "My head is pounding so hard and I feel weak. What if I have a concussion? My storyline or whatever just started."

Dean stopped and pulled me closer to him, making me look up at him. "You will be okay Alex, you're strong. If you do have a concussion though, you'll get through it and you will be okay."

I nod, listening to everything Dean said. I will be okay.

We make it to the trainers room. I turn to face Dean. "You can stay out here, I will be okay."

"I'm coming in." He gave me a small smile and I nod, opening the door to the trainers.

Hopefully I'll be okay.