17

It was as if my whole world stopped, the only thing that could be felt is the pain in my heart. No, no he didn't deserve this. He didn't deserve to go through this. He lived with this pain for so long.

That was all that went through my mind as Dean confessed his past.

The horror and the pain he had to suffer is something no one should have to go through.

"So," Dean began, taking my right hand and holding it with both of his, rubbing small patterns on the top to soothe him.

I could tell he was nervous, his voice began to shake. It made my heart hurt.

"Dean you really don't," he cuts me off.

"I do, you need to know why I am the way I am," He chokes at the end and I frown, grabbing his hands now and giving them a squeeze.

"Yeah but you know I don't care about that stuff?" I asked him.

"I know you don't baby," the word made my heart flutter. "But I feel like you deserve to know me and why I act the way I do, it's only fair."

I nod and send him a smile as a sign for him to go on.

"There's no beating around the bush here so I'm just going to say it, I was abused as a kid. Like not the slapping or punching with hand, but starving me, cutting me, and using blunt objects to harm me," Dean frowned at his words as I felt tears fill my eyes.

My hands found their way into his and I squeezed them tightly. I wanted to make sure he still felt comfortable even though I probably looked dumb because I was the one crying.

"They made me suffer, I would have to get scraps from the dumpsters sometimes, or I'd steal food from school. I never did anything wrong yet they made me suffer. I was finally free when I began wrestling when I was sixteen. Yet, where I trained was dangerous," he gulped and I could tell something even worse was coming up.

"One night while I was living on the streets when I was training, I didn't have a home because I ran away from that abusive hell, I walked into a group of the wrong guys," he paused, breathing in. "Well, long story short, they attacked me. Beat me senseless. And when they were done, they shot me, in the thigh."

He pulled his pants down slightly and I could see the wounds. I gasped, bringing my hands up to my face.

"I almost died and that shit haunts me until this day. I'm stuck with all the pain and suffering I've gone through that it makes me act out. I don't mean to be aggressive or rude. It's why I keep to myself. It's why I don't want anyone to come near me or why they come near me. I used girls, alcohol, and drugs even to cover up how I felt and I still struggle with it,"

"But, when you started talking to me when you truly showed that you actually cared what I had to say, I started to open myself up a little. I was already done doing that horrible shit a but you truly were the light that I needed to fully see myself being okay. I know it will take some time but I believe you have me a jumpstart." He finished explaining, looking me in my eyes for any sort of judgment.

I cracked a small smile, wrapping my arms slowly around his neck. I felt his body soften and he relaxed against mine, sliding his own arms around my body tightly.

He could have died.

It was all I could think about. This beautiful, talented man could have never existed due to the evil in this world. He never deserved anything he had to go through, you could tell he was a good guy. He deserved to have a happy, normal life.

It made me feel guilty that my life was heaven compared to his. Sure, I had challenges but nothing like him.

He faced life or death.