Chapter Thirteen

The children were having fun with their father, whilst Alex was on the phone with Samantha. You could just see all the love in his eyes for her. Such a lovesick puppy.

As for me, I could barely walk properly as I tried my best to finish cleaning up the kitchen for these mutts.

We would be leaving them tomorrow if everything goes well. After all, why should I stay in a place where everyone is giving me nasty looks. It's so obvious that I am not wanted here.

Putting the last plate away, I felt arms envelope around me, before he nibbled on my ear.

"What do you want?" I asked, closing my eyes and enjoying every second of this.

"Our little girl has found her mate," he whispered proudly in my ear.

 Now for most, she is way too young in my opinion and to make matters worse, Lucille isn't a werewolf.

When beings like her find a mate that is not the same species as them, they feed off of them until they find the other mate that is the same as them.

"Is he in this pack?" I asked, fearing that we just might end up staying here.

"No, but he's on his way here and let's just say he is perfect." I could just see the smirk on his face even if my eyes are close.

I didn't have to worry about this mysterious man taking my baby away from me, because he isn't her true mate, and because she can take care of herself.

"Where are the kids?" I asked.

"Alex is giving them a tour of the house now," he said, lifting me up and carried me to the sitting room.

Some people were there watching television, so he just brought me into the bedroom.

Oh no.

"Oh yes," he said smirking.

I hate it when he reads my mind. It's just one of these annoying things about him that I dislike.

"I'm not annoying and you love everything about me. Don't you baby?" He asked.

I shook my head.

"You know you do," he said tickling me, making me burst out laughing.

When we were done, I dived beneath the covers and pretended to be some kind of bed monster.

"Still childish I see." He chuckled, before leaving the room in a flash.

Did he just bring me up here to leave me all alone?

I was about to go and sleep because why not, when he came back in filled with snacks and drinks.

Then in came the kids with Alex who was holding a laptop.

"Movie time!" Lucille and Jay yelled at the same time, as they both jumped on the bed besides me.

Then Lucy set up the movie before joining us on the bed as well.

"Anyways, I have to get back to my phone since it's Samantha break right now," Alex said, before flying out the door.

What a wonderful family movie time.