Bonus : Balancing Him

It's been nearly two months since I visited Mickey, which means only one more week until I get to see him again

It's been nearly two months since I visited Mickey, which means only one more week until I get to see him again. It still feels like an eternity. Right now, he's in Japan, as far away from me as possible, filming some feature-length, hot-for-teacher, schoolgirl thing with a popular studio there. I knew nothing more than that. I didn't like to know the details when I wasn't able to be there. At the same time, the vagueness of what he did every day only mimicked the vagueness of our relationship.

When we are together, everything makes so much sense. He wants me and I want him, and it's nothing but pure, sexy magic. Then we're apart, and I ... miss him. It has started to hurt when he wasn't around, but I had school to fill my time. Just like he had his work, and apparently his travels too. I wasn't bitter. Maybe I was a little. But more than anything I was ... frustrated.

I was able to get a Graduate Assistant position in physiology lab. I'm basically getting paid to do my own homework and grade shitty freshman papers. It was the perfect job.

I sit with the other GA, Greyson, as we laugh over the shitty responses to the written portions of the last test. I swear, it's like they don't even try. I hardly feel bad for failing them.

"This one wrote, 'The brain relates to motor function through ... I don't know man, please give me a break I haven't slept in four days'," Greyson reads.

I laugh loudly, covering my mouth in attempts to stifle it. "Are you serious?"

"Yeah!" His shoulders shake violently with his otherwise quiet laughter, and it takes a few moments to calm ourselves.

I feel his hand on my knee, and I freeze. He slides it up and down my leg casually as he continues reading the next paper.

Greyson isn't a bad guy. He has a brain, some level of respect for women, and is college guy I-spend-all-my-free-time-in-the-gym cute. Brown hair, blue eyes, respectable jawline. Usually at this point, if he seemed clean and willing to wrap it up, I'd take him home and have my way with him. But now I had Mickey, and that was off limits.

Wasn't it?

I cross my legs and his hand drops. "Greyson, I ... have a boyfriend," I say, feeling like the annoying bitch that can't talk to anyone with a penis without mentioning her relationship status.

"Oh, shit! Sorry!" He holds up both of his hands as if to placate me and apologize at the same time. "You never mentioned it."

Is that something you mention to someone you've known for a few weeks? Am I a bad girlfriend already? "It's a ... complicated situation."

"Okay," he says, sounding confused, but he smiles. "It will never happen again."

It always happens again.

♡♡♡

Later in the night, I'm studying on my bed with my laptop next to me, waiting for Mickey's call. He said he would Skype me about this time, but I had no idea if he was awake yet. The annoying chime finally sounds, and I answer excitedly.

I smile wide when I see his handsome face. "Hi!"

"Hey, baby!" he says with an equally wide smile.

He looks like he just got out of the shower; his hair still wet and slicked back. He sits at a desk, the morning sun shining in through the window onto the bed behind him. I wish I was in that bed. I could have been in that bed, but I had class. "How is Kyoto? How's the shoot?" I ask him.

"It's ... interesting," he says mysteriously.

I grin at his coyness. Mickey doesn't get embarrassed by much. "What does that mean?"

"There are some cultural differences," he says with a smile. "Nothing I can't adapt to."

"Like ... ?" I tease him.

He cocks an eyebrow. "Do you know what the age of consent is in Japan?"

"Uh, no."

"A lot lower than it should be," he quips, running his fingers through his wet hair with a joking smile.

I grimace. "Are any of the models young?"

"No. I triple checked that shit. The youngest is 22, but she doesn't look it, especially with all the schoolgirl bullshit," Mickey says laughingly. "I'm more than ready to be done. How are things in wonderful, warm Ohio?"

I move to lie on my stomach, placing my chin on my hands, and stare at the bed behind him. I could have fucked someone today too, I want to tell him. There are no rules established between us, just an understanding that we're too undesirable to be with anyone else. "Studying hard, as always."

"I wish you were here," he says almost sadly. "I miss you so much."

"I'll see you next week!"

He pouts disingenuously. "Tell me you miss me too, Penny."

I roll my eyes, failing to hide my smile. "Of course I miss you."

He groans. "I'm counting the seconds, baby. You have no idea!"

I gasp. "Don't!" I say, my cheeks warming.

"Too nice?" he asks. He knows the power he has over me. "What if I was really mean to you?" he says with a sultry voice. I love when he transforms into Sexy Mickey. I like Nice Mickey too, but Sexy Mickey and I have a special arrangement.

I huff. "Don't start with me. You know I'm out of commission this week. That's why you'll be here next week."

"If I were there right now it wouldn't stop me one bit," he says in a growly voice. He leans in and gives me his panty-dropping smile. My breathing shallows and my pussy aches painfully. Why does he do this to me? "You want to know what I'd do to you?" he asks.

Say no, Penny, you'll only be more frustrated, I think. I hesitate, nibbling on my lip. "Yeah." Dammit!

"You wouldn't need those clothes," he says, pulling his shirt off over the back of his head. It ruffles his wet hair causing some to fall in his face as he displays his muscular torso. Fuck.

"These clothes?" I ask coyly, tugging down on the neckline of my shirt.

"Yeah," he says sexily. I sit up and remove my shirt over my head. I hear him growl. "I'd ... and pull your ... fuck you so hard ..."

"Mickey?" The feed goes quiet, and then blacks out. "No!" I yell, slamming my hands against the keyboard. Fucking cock-blocking piece of shit, I think rather than screaming.

My anger fades to sadness when I realize I didn't get to tell him, yet again. My phone chimes next to me. I look at it and instantly start smiling.

Mickey: Skype's a bitch 

but I'll see you soon. 

Wait for me, okay?

I smile, and my heart starts the same annoying fluttering it does every time we say goodbye.

Me: Always

The next five days can't pass quickly enough.

_____

A/N: Hope you enjoyed! Thanks again for all your support!