Chapter One

“The fun is all in the chase,” –Harry Styles

Chapter One: 

            Bree was curled up on the armchair in the living room, a blanket around her shoulders, scribbling down some nonsense for school, when her phone rang. She pulled it out from her back pocket and looked at the caller ID. It was Maddie.

            “Hey, what’s up?” Bree answered and leaned her head back against the chair, desperately hoping that Maddie wasn’t going to start blabbing about that boy band again. It was all she could talk about half the time, and Bree was sick of it.

            “BREE!!!!!!!!” Maddie screamed excitedly, forcing Bree to pull the phone away from her ear until she couldn’t hear the scream anymore.

            “What is it?” Bree chuckled half-heartedly, and ran a hand through her long brown hair, it getting tangled a little at the bottom. She brushed through it with one hand as she listened to Maddie.

            “GUESS WHO I GOT TICKETS TO SEE NEXT MONTH????”

            Bree groaned and rolled her eyes, “Let me guess…”

            “Bree, One Direction! Duhh! I’m so freaking excited, and you have a car, so we can drive down to Chicago together and have a-” Maddie rambled, but something caught Bree’s attention.

            “Woah, woah, woah. Wait… I’m going?” Bree asked, hoping her best friend would say no.

            “Of course! I don’t have any other way to get down there!” Maddie said, and Bree could tell she was grinning like an idiot on the other line.

            “Can’t you use your mom’s car?” Bree asked, trying to be nice and refuse to go at the same time. She definitely didn’t want to drive all the way to Chicago to see a bunch of preppy boys dance around the stage lip-syncing to music they probably had their producers write for them.

            “She’s out of town that weekend. Please, Bree,” Maddie whined. “I really want to go, and you’re my only hope!”

            Bree sighed heavily, “You know they’re not going to even notice you. It’s not like you’re going to meet them and elope.”

            There was a long pause before Maddie responded with, “Yeah.. I know. It’s just… I need to see them once to make sure it won’t happen.”

            Bree rolled her eyes again, but gave in. “Fine. But I’m not going into the concert. I’ll drive you and wait in the parking lot for you.”

            “But, but… fine. Sounds good,” Maddie said, a little disappointed. But there was no way Bree was giving in on that condition. She wouldn’t be caught dead in one of their concerts.

            “Just tell me when and where, and I’ll do it,” Bree said, picking up her pen again to write down the date, time and address.

*1 month later*

            Bree was laying on her bed that morning, reading a magazine while Maddie looked through her closet for something to wear to the concert.

            “How about this?” she asked, Bree looked up from the trashy article about various celebrities. Maddie was holding up a cute leather jacket and some red skinny jeans.

            “I like it, but then again, I’ve loved everything you’ve picked out. They’re my clothes after all,” Bree mumbled with a little smile. She was annoyed with all the talk about these guys, but she loved Maddie like a sister and could never be mad at her. She had to wonder what was so special about these guys, though.