Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

Just after take-off, Bree stretched herself out on the couch and was reading her book when Eleanor spoke.

“I’m just so excited to see him,” she said quietly, looking down at her hands that were clasped in her lap. “I’ve missed him so much.” Danielle put a finger in her book and stood up. She went over to Eleanor and sat on the couch next to her. Bree went over and crouched down in front of Eleanor, too, sensing that something was up.

“I know, honey,” Danielle said, shrugging. “It’s tough.” It was then that Bree realized that Danielle and Eleanor hadn’t seen their boyfriends since they went to America for their tour, which was six months ago. She sucked in a breath and patted Eleanor’s knee.

“I’m sorry for bringing it up,” Bree cringed. Danielle and Eleanor both looked up and shook their heads.

“Oh of course not,” Eleanor said, patting Bree’s hand that was on her knee. “You didn’t upset me at all.”

“Don’t worry, Bree,” Danielle smiled at her, knowingly.

“Fourteen more hours,” Bree said, half trying to reassure Eleanor that they were close to seeing them, and half complaining that it was too long of a wait. Danielle and Bree went back to their seats and continued to read.

Since their flight had taken off at eight in the evening St. Paul time, they would land at about ten in the morning the next day if they were still in Minnesota time. Instead, they’d be landing at five in the afternoon Australia time, so they would be completely exhausted if they didn’t get some sleep on the plane. But of course, when you’re put in a high quality, high-class private jet, who would actually want to sleep?

About three hours later, the girls were in the middle of a good chat, laughing and really starting to feel comfortable around each other. Of course, Danielle and Eleanor were already good friends before, but now they were all getting on very well together. Presently, they were all laughing about the weird things that the boys do.

“I can always tell when Louis needs a cup of tea in the morning because he starts twitching and playing with his hair,” Eleanor said, cracking up. Bree and Danielle were laughing quite hard, too. “And he is so damn picky about his tea! He refuses any kind of sugar, but he needs exactly a quarter of a cup of milk. Any more or any less and he refuses to drink it.”

Bree was laughing so hard she couldn’t breathe. Danielle giggled and started talking about Liam’s quirks. “Oh my God, Liam is the biggest nerd I’ve ever met!” she laughed to herself, remembering something. “He once had this travel book he was reading about America, this was before they first came across, and he was literally studying it so he wouldn’t look like an idiot when he came over!”

Bree and Eleanor cracked up, clapping their hands and doubling over they were laughing so hard.

“He even had me test him on American words and phrases!” Danielle giggled and Bree threw her head back. Everything’s funnier in the middle of the night.

“Harry once made me and my mom breakfast when he wasn’t wearing a shirt!” Bree said, laughing and remembering how awkward that was. Danielle and Eleanor were wiping their eyes from laughing so hard they were crying. “And he also had his Audi shipped over here so he could impress me on our first date! That boy!”

Danielle laughed and shook her head, “That’s just like Harry, but seriously, that’s love right there!” Bree stopped laughing for a second, still smiling though.

“He hasn’t told me he loves me yet,” Bree said quietly, not like she was really upset that he hadn’t, but she was getting worried that maybe he was having second thoughts.