Chapter Nine

Chapter Nine

Bree got out of the shower a while later and changed into some grey sweatpants and a red T-shirt she had gotten from the tennis US Open in New York the year before. She settled down at her desk and opened her laptop. She pulled her knees up to her chest and logged into Twitter. After scrolling through her mentions for a while, she tweeted.

Bree Keller @BreeKeller45

Call me when you can (: @Harry_Styles

Then she opened up YouTube and searched “One Direction Morning Show interview Australia”. She knew Harry didn’t want her to look up things about their relationship online, but technically she wasn’t, and she missed him too much not to.

She found one video and played it. Harry, Louis, and Niall were sitting together on a couch, with Liam and Zayn were sitting on the arm rests on either side.

“Welcome, boys! How are you this morning?” a lady with long brown hair asked. She was wearing a short purple dress and was perched on the edge of her armchair. She must have been in her twenties and that made Bree a bit nervous, but she trusted Harry.

“Good,” Louis nodded, crossing one leg over the other.

“Good,” Zayn and Liam said together, nodding.

“Tired,” Harry said, earning himself an annoying giggle from the hostess of the show.

“Hungry,” Niall said, getting himself an annoyed look from each of the boys.

“Niall! We just ate!” Liam said, feigning mad. Niall laughed and shrugged.

“Anyway can I start by asking the question every girl wants to know?” the hostess asked. The boys all nodded. “Can you raise your hand if you’re single?”

Niall’s hand shot right up and he grinned. Zayn’s hand rose slowly as he leaned back a little resting back against the couch.

“So, Harry, it’s true about you having a girlfriend now?” she asked curiously.

Harry nodded, “Yeah, um, it’s true.”

“So what’s her name?” she asked, leaning forward a little. Her dress was ominously low and bending forward didn’t help. Bree was getting a little annoyed until she realized Harry wasn’t even looking at her, that he was smiling to himself a little bit.

“Bree Keller,” Harry said with a small smile. Bree smiled, too, as she watched him.

“Is she here with you?” was the next question.

Harry shook his head to get his curls out of his face, then again in answer to her question. “No, she has things at home. I wish she was here, though,” he said.

“We all do, I think,” Louis said, wrapping an arm around Harry’s shoulder. “She’s a lovely girl.”

The other boys all nodded in agreement and Bree smiled, humbled by this. The lady nodded curtly, then turned to Niall and Zayn.

“So you two are single. Any girls in your sights at the moment?” she asked. Both boys shook their heads.

“So you’re happily single?”

“Oh yes, very happily single,” Niall said.

“Yeah,” Zayn agreed.

“Do any fans have a chance with you?” she asked.