Chapter Twelve

Alright, guys! (: HI! First of all, I’d like to say thanks for reading this fanfic, but unfortunately I’ve decided to end it sooner than I planned. I have so many other ideas and so little time, SO there will be three more chapters, including this one, and then an epilogue! But DON’T WORRY (if you were worrying, that is) because I have very good ideas for the Zayn fanfic and the Niall fanfic. I also have a really interesting idea for a bromance one (: Anyway, enjoy the rest of this fanfic and I’ll get started on the others as soon as this one has ended! (: xxx I would still love your comments, rates, and messages though! (:

            Chapter Twelve

When they pulled up at the small diner, security met them to help them inside. Harry seemed more willing to cooperate with them than before, obviously Paul had talked him into realizing how dangerous it could be for them. Harry held Bree’s hand tightly as they pushed through the crowd and into the diner. It was a cute place, and the inside looked very old-fashioned and fit the stereotype perfectly, but not in a bad way.

There were booths with shiny black tabletops and bright red leathery seats, along with a bar area, also with shiny black counters and bright red bar stools. Harry led Bree to the back of the diner, to a little corner where Liam, Danielle, Louis, Eleanor, Zayn, and Niall sat at a long table. Liam and Danielle were at the end, facing each other, then Louis and Eleanor next to them, then Zayn and Niall. The waitress scooted another small table onto the end so Harry and Bree had somewhere to sit. Harry pulled out the chair for Bree, and she sat down next to Niall, giving the group a small smile. Harry sat down across from her and gave her a little, forced smile.

Bree looked at Harry curiously, but he dropped her gaze, and she couldn’t get his attention again. She took a deep breath and counted to ten in her head. If Harry was in another mood, she’d go crazy. Hopefully he wasn’t.

“Well don’t you two clean up well?” Louis said, picking up his glass of water and taking a sip. Harry rolled his eyes.

“I know, Lou. You’re just jealous,” he remarked, trying to have a joke with Louis, but Bree could tell something was up with him. He winked at her, probably to tell her to stop worrying, because he’d noticed. She nodded and caught Eleanor’s eye. They both rolled their eyes.

“Please!” Louis snorted. “I clean up better!” Zayn burst out laughing, slapping his knee and rocking back and forth with laughter. Niall, Liam, Harry and the rest of the group joined in. It was really funny because Louis hates cleaning, and the way he said it made him sound like he was talking about that kind of cleaning. Lou just looked at everyone with a curious, sarcastic expression. “You’re all very funny people.”

Eleanor took his hand and gave him a sweet smile, “We love you, Lou, even if you can’t clean.” Louis gave everyone a sarcastic smile before turning to Eleanor, where his face melted into a genuine grin. It was adorable how much love was in that smile.

Bree instinctively turned to Harry, wanting to see if he’d look at her that way. But of course, Harry wasn’t looking at her. Instead, he was staring off into space, thinking hard. Bree always knew when something was bothering him because he’d zone out for a while, bite his bottom lip, and play with the bracelets on his wrist nervously. Bree leaned over and touched the fist he was making with his hand on the table. He didn’t notice at first, so she entwined her fingers in his and started tracing circles with her thumb on his skin.

Harry’s eyes fluttered and focused again as he came back to the real world. He looked down at their hands, then up at Bree. He gave her another quick wink, then looked away again.