Chapter Thirteen

Chapter Thirteen

After a fun afternoon at the mall with Eleanor and Danielle, Bree just wanted to curl up with Harry in bed and watch a movie. But, when she opened the front door, Harry was nowhere to be found. Louis and Niall were sitting on the couch laughing hysterically about something or other. Zayn was sat at the kitchen counter drinking tea, and Liam was on the other side of the counter, leaning on his forearms, talking to Zayn.

“Where’s Harry?” Bree asked, dropping her purse and her shopping bags down on the kitchen table. Danielle and Eleanor did the same and went over to their boyfriends.

“Ah, I think he’s upstairs,” Zayn said, pointing at the stairs. His ‘crossed fingers’ tattoo poked out of his sleeve, and Bree admired it. She briefly thought about getting a tattoo when she turned eighteen but had decided against it. Maybe they weren’t as bad as she’d originally thought. She liked Zayn’s and Harry’s anyway..

“Thanks,” Bree said and ran upstairs to the bedroom she shared with Harry. She knocked, then opened the door slowly. “Babe?”

Harry was lying on the bed, looking up at the ceiling. He sat up when he heard Bree. “Oh hey,” he smiled and pinched his nose.

“You feeling okay?” Bree asked, sitting on the edge of the bed, tentative of Harry’s mood.

“Yeah, just a headache,” he said and leaned over to give Bree a kiss on the cheek.

“Want to put on a movie and have an early night?” Bree suggested as she felt Harry’s forehead for a temperature. He wasn’t that warm, so she figured it was just a stress-headache versus him being legitimately sick.

“Sounds amazing, actually,” Harry said, smiling a little. He stood up to go over to the TV, and picked up a movie. “Love Actually?” he flashed a DVD at her.

Bree smiled, “Of course.” It was their all time favorite movie, one of the biggest things they had in common. She pulled off her T-shirt so she was just in her tank top, then took off her jeans and slipped under the covers, making room for Harry to lie down.

Harry was just sliding the movie into the DVD player when there was a knock at the door. Bree pulled the covers up just a little as Harry called, “Come in!”

The door opened and Louis and Niall were stood in the door. “Oh, sorry, Haz. Didn’t realize you two were going to bed already,” Louis said apologetically.

Harry shook his head, “It’s okay. We’re just putting on a movie. What’s up, Lou?”

“I have a question… I need some advice about Eleanor,” Louis said and looked down, kind of ashamed. Bree was shocked, was there something wrong? They are the cutest couple she’d ever seen! They couldn’t be having problems!

“Oh! Of course,” Harry said, setting down the DVD and going out into the hall with Louis. Niall took a step into the room and closed the door.

“Better give them some privacy, eh?” Niall said and put his hands in his pockets. “What movie?”

Bree smiled and patted the spot next to her, wanting to welcome Niall in. “Love Actually,” she said with a nod as Niall sat down.

“Should’ve guessed. You two are a bunch of teenage girls,” Niall said, chuckling. He brushed his hair off to the side, it was getting in his eyes. Bree shrugged with a smile, knowing Niall likes to joke.

He leaned forward, “There’s something I have been meaning to tell you.” Niall cleared his throat and looked at her through his long eyelashes. Bree looked away from him, towards the closed door and her heart started speeding up.