Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A loud, obnoxious beeping woke Bree up at ten the next morning. She rolled over and turned off the alarm clock, remembering why it was set so early in the summer. Work. She groaned and rolled over again, reaching out to wake up Harry. But the bed was empty.

She sat up and looked around. Harry's jeans were gone. She was still wearing his shirt, though. She frowned, did he leave without saying goodbye? Bree wanted to cry at that thought, but she had other things to do. She pulled herself reluctantly out of bed and grabbed some clothes, a towel, and her iPod and made her way to the bathroom to shower.

About an hour later, she was all ready. She had on some light blue skinny jeans and a white flannel shirt, rolled up at the elbows. That was what she was supposed to wear for her new job as a waitress at the small restaurant, Villa Dolce. She had blow-dried her hair and decided to skip the make up today, based on what Harry said the day before.

She grabbed her phone and purse and trotted down the stairs to grab some cereal before work. She set her purse down on the counter and turned the corner into the kitchen. She heard him before she saw him.

"I'm wide awake and I can see the perfect sky is torn," Harry sang in his gorgeous voice as he scraped some bacon and eggs onto a plate. "I'm all out of faith. This is how I feel. I'm cold and I'm ashamed, lying broken on the floor."

"What song is that?" Bree asked, a huge smile on her face at finding her boyfriend making breakfast. He wasn't wearing his shirt, obviously, it was upstairs in Bree's room. His back was just as toned and sexy as his chest and abs. He turned around and grinned.

"Morning sleepy," Harry said as he finished serving three plates of bacon and eggs.

"When did you get up?" Bree asked as she sat down at the kitchen table.

"Eight," Harry said and slid a plate over to her. "Which is really late for me. We get up at six almost everyday."

Bree smiled, "Well thanks for making breakfast, babe!"

"No problem! I made some for your mum, too. So I better go get my shirt on and let her know," Harry said and kissed Bree's forehead and headed upstairs. Bree grinned and started eating.

Harry jogged down the stairs and sat down next to her. He was wearing his shirt again, unfortunately. He grinned sideways at her as he started eating.

"Good morning Harry. Good morning Bree," Mrs. Keller said as she came downstairs and sat down on Bree's other side.

"Morning," they said in unison and laughed. They finished their breakfasts quietly, really enjoying Harry's cooking.

"Thank you so much," Bree said as they cleared away their plates.

"Not a problem," Harry smiled and helped clean up. "Can I drive you to work?"

Bree looked at the clock and it was 11:30. She had to leave pretty soon to get to work at noon. "I'd love that. So... are you leaving after that?" she frowned.

"I have to, I'm sorry. We have two shows this week," Harry winced and took her hand. They said goodbye to her mom and walked out to Harry's car. Harry opened the door for Bree, as he usually does, and they headed out.

They pulled up at Villa Dolce five minutes later. They both sat in silence for a minute, not wanting to say goodbye just yet.

"Thanks for the ride, Harry," Bree smiled and leaned over to kiss him. He kissed her back and smiled.