Chapter Five

(My apologies, this is a really long chapter (: but it's cute, or I think it is. Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes!)

Chapter Five: 

Bree smiled as Harry opened the door to the passenger seat and let her in. She buckled her seatbelt as he walked around the car and got in. He did his, and then started the car.

The first few minutes, they rode in silence; thinking about what they could do to make their relationship work. Finally, Harry reached over and turned on the radio. The hosts of the station were talking about some recent news on some politics, so Harry changed the channel. Ironically, What Makes You Beautiful was playing.

Bree started moving to the music a little, getting into it, but Harry changed the channel again. “Why’d you change it?”

“I can’t listen to myself sing,” Harry said with a shy smile.

“But why not? You’re amazing,” Bree asked, wondering how he wouldn’t be excited to hear their song on the radio.

“I dunno, I always feel like I wasn’t as good as I could have been,” he shrugged. “It’s like how actors can’t watch movies they were in, it’s kind of embarrassing.”

Bree rolled her eyes, “No need to be insecure. I think your singing is perfect.”

“Thanks, love,” Harry said and reached over. He held her hand and rubbed his thumb around on the back of it, absent-mindedly. She smiled and squeezed his, getting a little chuckle out of him.

“Where are you going for college?” Harry asked, out of nowhere, a few minutes later.

“I’m going to Boston University, to become a vet,” Bree said, looking out of the window.

“Really? Wow, that’s exciting,” Harry mused. “Boston, huh? Well… I know for a fact we have some dates on the east coast next year. I’ll be able to see you for a good two months then. Of course, we’ll see each other before then… right?”

“Of course,” Bree glanced up at Harry. “Every holiday off from school that I get, I’ll fly to wherever you are at the time. No matter how long the break is. A long weekend or three weeks, I’ll spend it with you. Okay?”

Harry grinned, “I’d love that. Except,” he frowned. “I’m paying for plane tickets.”

Bree protested, but he shushed her. “No, it’s my fault I’m always traveling, so I’m paying. No exceptions.”

“You’re very generous, Harry,” she said, in awe. He nodded and shrugged, looking so adorable it was hard to look away.

An hour and a half later, Harry pulled into her driveway and killed the engine. “Here we are,” he muttered, thinking the same thing as Bree; that he didn’t want to say goodbye.

“Let’s go in, then,” Bree said and leaned over to kiss his cheek. He looked confused. “My mom is out. She won’t be home until later. So if you’d like to stay a little longer, I mean if you don’t have anything to do with the band today?”

“Well we don’t want you to be home alone, would we?” Harry smiled cheekily and kissed Bree. They got out of the car and walked to the front door, holding hands. Bree fished her keys out of her purse and opened the door.

They walked inside and Bree shut the door behind them. “So this is my house,” Bree said, suddenly a little shy about showing her boyfriend her house.

Harry looked around, “Well the stairs look nice. Want to give me a tour?” He joked. Bree laughed and took his hand again. She led him into the house and gave him a full tour. Harry seemed impressed.