Chapter 15: Beer & Coke

~Alli~

“Totoo po yung curse!” I cried to Madam V, “He’s in love with me!”

“Talaga? Sabi ko sayo eh!” She giggles.

“No, no, no!” I said, “I can’t do this! I can’t do this to Derek, hindi siya pwedeng mainlove sakin!”

“Aw, bakit naman iha?”

“Madam, may nangliligaw po saking iba diba?!”

“Bakit, sigurado ka ba na mahal ka niya tulad ng pagmamahal nang humalik sayo?”

My mouth was open to say something but eventually, nothing came out. Madam V has a point, I’m not even sure if Tyler is going to continue courting me. But this isn’t right, I can’t force someone to fall in love with me for I know that it’s not real. Especially not to Derek, he’s Tyler’s worst enemy.

“Oh, diba?” Madam says.

I heaved out a sigh, “Ganito na lang po, is there any way para mawala yung curse?”

“Oo meron!” Madam tells me, “Kailangan mo siyang halikan ulit para mawala yung curse.”

“You mean, I have to kiss him again?”

“Oo iha, paulit-ulit?” She says, “Next!”

~Heart~

I’ve been thinking about Tyler and me lately. Ano ba talaga kami? Ano ba ako sakanya? Bakit ganito siya sakin? But the more I try to stop falling for Tyler, the more that I do. The more I think about it, the more I get confused and the more guilty I am for doing this to my best friend. I think that it’s time to stop this ‘thing’ that is so close to what I’ve always wanted but never had, before it gets too hard to let go and before it’s too late.

“Heart, I can’t see you. “ Tyler says onto the screen. “Is your webcam on?”

“Uhm, yes, but it’s broken.” I lied, my webcam is working fine but the thing is, I’d rather take this conversation with my face hidden. “I accidentally dropped it to the floor last night.”

“Sayang, I guess I won’t be able to see your beautiful face today.” He chuckles as I remained quiet. “So, what do you want me to talk about?”

“Uhm, Tyler?” I mumbled.

“Yes?”

“Ano ba, uhm, ano ba talaga tayo?”

The line suddenly went silent for a moment and I waited for him to answer. I saw his face went blank as he stares down to his keyboard. And from that moment, I started to regret what I just said but I know it’s too late and there’s no turning back. I’ve already asked the question and it’s time for the both of us to talk it over once and for all.

“Tyler? Are you going to answer me?”

“Heart, I…” He folded his hands and rest his elbows onto the table. “I think I like you.”

“What?” I said, “Why are you telling this to me?”

“I…I don’t know how am I going explain—“

“What do you mean you don’t know how are you going to explain?!” My voice is cracked from these mix feelings of emotions, I’m more confused, this is crazy!

“Dude, nililigawan mo best friend ko and now you’re telling me that you like me? Okay, nagpunta ka dyan because your dad is ill, but why didn’t you informed Alli why you suddenly left her at prom? You can’t just do that, it’s rude and heart breaking! Tapos ngayon you’re…you’re…nilalandi mo ko ngayon? Dude, you—“