Chapter 16: Phone Calls & CPR's

CHAPTER 16: Phone Calls & CPR's

~Tyler~

“Tyler?” She cries, “Bakit ngayon ka lang tumawag?”

“Alli, I’m so sorry.” I mumbled on the phone, “I’m at Canada right now.”

“I know,” She says. “Nagpunta ako sainyo nung isang araw and sinabi ng yaya mo nasa Canada ka nga. Bakit ka ba nasa Canada? Hindi ka man lamang nag sabi sakin bakit bigla mo akong iniwan.”

“Okay, let me explain.” I began, “My father is ill and mom says he needs me, I told her I don’t want to go but she keeps on convincing until I gave in, packed my things and head into the airport. Grabe Alli, kung alam mo lang. Everything was moving so fast in just one night that I couldn’t think much right and I guess that was the reason why I didn’t get to say goodbye to you.”

A long silence came in into the line for a few seconds and I thought she was gone.

“Alli?” I said, “Still there?”

“Tyler, there’s something you need to know.” She says.

“You kissed Derek?”

“H-how did you know?!”

“What? You didn’t think I saw the photo?” I told her, “That thing went viral on Facebook.”

“Tyler, I’m sorry.” She apologized, her voice sounded weak like she’s about to cry. “Lasing na lasing ako nung prom dahil—“

“Because some jerk ass poured alcohol into the drinks and you guys accidentally took ecstasy tablets too.” I said. “its fine, it’s okay, it wasn’t your fault and there’s no need for you to explain.”

“You sure?” She says, “No hard feeling at all?”

“Uhm, yeah no hard feelings.”

 “Whew, that’s, uh, that’s great you already knew.” She sighed in relief, “Pero bakit ngayon ka lang tumawag?”

“Uhm…” I hesitated, thinking of a good excuse. “I got really busy these days in taking care of my dad.”

No, I’m not busy at all.

“Oh, okay.” She mumbles.

“Look, the main reason I called you is…” I bit my lip, thinking if I should do this.

Tyler, come on, be a man. It’s time to make things right.

“I still want to court you.” I blurt out.

“You mean gusto mo parin ituloy?” She pointed out,

“If it’s okay with you.”

Please say no, please say it’s not okay with you anymore.

 “Yeah, I’d like that.”

“Well, that’s great.” I said, my voice starts to crack and I tried swallowing hard for several times to sound normal again.

“Uhm, kelan ka babalik?” She asked.

“By the last week of May maybe.” I said, “Look, I have to go na.”

“Daddy duty?” She chuckles.

“Yeah.” I chuckled back.

“Well, sana gumaling na siya.” She says.

“Thanks.” I said, “I’ll talk to you soon, okay?”

“Uhm, okay.” She mumbles. “Ingat ka diyan.”