Chapter 20: Flowers & Chocolates

~Alli~

“May regla ka ba?” Dad asked.

“Papa naman eh!” I groaned, snatching the pillow back to my face.

My dad and auntie Eugene were trying to wake me up to go kayaking together with Kuya Angelo, but I’m still drowsy since that I didn’t had enough sleep last night. I really want to go kayaking with them but my body’s still too tired and sleepy that I can’t get off of my bed, I can’t help to feel cranky this morning because all I want is to sleep. Please, let me sleep!

“Hayaan mo na muna yung prinsesa matulog.” I heard Auntie told my dad, “Sumunod ka na lang sa beach pag-gising ka na.”

“Opo.” I said, still my face against the pillow.

“Papa, tara na!” I heard Kuya Angelo by the door, all ready to go to the beach.

“Sigurado ka susunod ka ha?” My dad asked.

“Mm.” I responded in a sleepy tone.

“Eugene, may napkin ka ba para kay—“

“Papa ano ba!” I cried, then I heard Kuya Angelo laughing.

~Derek~

Once I was done writing my note, I sealed it in a tiny envelope and attach it to the bouquet.

“You sure about this, bro?” Jude asked, scratching the back of his head.

“Oo nga,” Donald adds, “I mean, she’s fine but…”

“What? Is it because hindi siya ganon ka ganda?” I finished his sentence.

My friends and I were at a flower shop near the resort, I was about to send flowers for Alli but I think these dudes were trying to stop me.

“Hindi naman,” Jude denies, but I’m sure I was right. “Hindi lang namin aakalain that you’ll know…you’ll like this girl.”

“And the fact that there’s a guy who’s willing to court her too.” Donald add in, “Oh wait, let me correct that, there’s a guy who’s courting her, no wait, Tyler Benson is courting her too.”

“Look guys,” I began, “I know what you guys are trying to say and I get it, she’s kind of uh, difficult. But I’m in love with her, so no matter what you guys are going to say, I’m still gonna go after her. If you’re totally against my decision, it would’ve been cooler if you could at least respect it.”

Jude and Donald glanced at each other with a funny expression written all over their faces.

“Hindi pa kasi kayo naiinlove eh.” I added, “Pag-nainlove kayo, maiintindihan niyo rin. Hoy ikaw Jude, lalo ka na. Maki-get along ka na lang, may utang ka pa sakin.”

“Okay! Okay!” Jude slid his hands into his pockets, “Tutulungan ka na namin!”

 “So pano mo ba liligawan si Alli?” Donald asks.

“Well, of course, I’m going to start with the basics.” I said, rubbing my chin.

“Flowers.”

“Tapos?”

“Uhm, chocolates?”

“Dude!” Jude says, “You gotta get your game with this girl, ito dapat gawin mo…” Then Donald handed him a piece of paper and a pen.

1.       Flowers

2.       Chocolates

3.       Harana