Chapter 1: Expectations & Disappointments

• इन्हें समर्पित: Maxinie Lopez

CHAPTER 1: Expectations & Disappointments

First year high school pa lang si Allison Prieto crush niya na si Derek. Steryotypically speaking, si Derek Santiago? You can define him as the ultimate jock of the student body, he's that type of guy who is always at the guidance counsellor, party, drinks, cutting classes, etc. Alam mo yung typical na bad boy sa movies? He's that guy. However, like what every bad boy you see in movies, he's the type of guy that every girl at school wants to be with.

And Alli is probably one of them.

A few weeks more and the school year is about to end. Alli thought it would be a great idea to confess her love to Derek, but things didn’t go as what she expected…

“Derek Santiago!”

Alli yelled out by the hallway, everyone caught her attention including Derek and his friends. Everyone paused with what they are doing as all eyes were on hers, wondering what Alli is about to do. Hands are shaking, scared and defenitely nervous,  she fishes out a piece of paper from her pocket. 

I LOVE YOU!

Written in big, black, bold letters. 

 “WAHAHAHAHA!"

Everyone laughed their butts off like crazy, except for the guy Alli wanted to respond. Derek gave her a smile and walked right up to her. She nervously smiled at him back, feeling it was longest one minute silence in her entire life. Derek handed her a piece of crumpled paper from his pocket, as soon as Alli sees it, her smile slowly fades away.

Kodigo?! Kodigo kanina sa math quiz namin?! Alli thought.

 “Pwede paki tapon?” Derek said.

Alli was suddenly speechless, embarrassed of what she just did.

“Sige, salamat.” Then Derek walked off, leaving Alli behind.

Steryotypically speaking, Alli became the ultimate nerd. She got so embarrassed with what she did, she never keeps an eye contact to anyone when walking in the hallways but to the floor, especially when she knows that Derek is around. She stopped raising her hand during recitation even when she knows the answer. She deleted her Facebook account due to the bashers who keeps on posting shoutouts about Alli with what she did. ShShe rarely talks to anyone at school or outside school, that's why she's mostly at home since it's the only place where she thinks she can be herself without hiding anymore.

Her whole life changed after that day, after that hideous mistake she did.

A year had passed and 2nd year high school na sila. Somehow, the issue with Alli cooled off. Then a new student came named Heart David. Her differences with Alli are quite many but who would thought that they’d be best friends? Heart accepted whatever Alli did back in the day and she never really cared what other people were saying about her because their friendship is more important.

Si Heart is a member of the school’s dance club. She's pretty, quirky, has a very strong personality and says it like she means it. But like what most people have, she's quite different from any other students at school because she is adopted by a gay couple.

When junior year came, another new student came. His name is Tyler Benson, a foreign exchange studennt from Canda. From the first day of school, a number of girls has been talking and day dreaming about him since it is quite unusual for a foreigner to study at their school. And not to mention, he's attractive. Very, very attractive.

“Ikaw na ang kumausap! Nahihiya ako eh!” Alli whispered.

"Ha? Bakit ako?" Heart whispered back. "Eh diba mas magaling ka sa english?"

"Ha? Ano naman sa english?" 

"Mas mataas kaya score mo kanina sa quiz compared sa akin! Kaya ikaw na lang!"

Alli and Heart started to point at each other on who is going to talk first. It was lunch time and the two were waiting in the line by the canteen to get their lunch. Suddenly, they found the new foreign kid in front of Alli.

"Parang snob naman kasi." Alli compained, glancing at the kid in front of her while talking to Heart. 

“Hind yan!" Heart insisted.

“Eh, ayoko!”

“Dali na!”

“Ayoko nga eh!”

“Dali na kasi!”

“Ayoko—!”

“Hi!” Then the new kid finally got to to the first move. "I'm Tyler, what's your name?"

"Uh, uhm, uh, I'm Heart." Alli babbled, since it's been a long time since she talked to the opposiite sex. "And uh, sh-she's Alli"

"Ano?!" Heart said, "No actually, I'm Heart and this is Alli."

"Nice to meet you, ladies." Tyler greeted them with a smile.

"Nice to meet you too." Alli uttered.

"I heard you guys talking a few moments ago." Tyler notified.

"Oh, uhm, you heard us?" Alli said.

"Naiintindihan ko rin kayo." Tyler said, followed by a wink.

"Shit, alam niya pala magtagalog!" Heart said and the two started to blush.

"We're so sorry!"

"Nah, it's fine."

Stolenजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें