Chapter 18: Escape With Me & Scream

~Alli~

I know escaping the resort with the extreme and highly dangerous, Derek Santiago wasn’t a good idea but I just wanted to get out and forget what happened earlier at dinner and hopefully, I’d get to kiss him tonight. So Derek turned on the engine and we both put our seatbelts on. 

“Saan naman tayo pupunta?” I asked him.

“Hindi ko alam.” He said, with a straight face.

“Ha?”

“Yun nga ang masaya eh.” He said with a smile but his eyes are still on the road. “Hindi mo alam kung saan ka pupunta. Kaya hahanapin mo nang hahanapin yung pupuntahan mo and to me, that’s the fun part.”

“You mean, searching is the fun part?” I said, sounding

“I guess you can say that.” He said with a nod.  

“Nagugutom ka?” He suddenly asked me, “Mag punta muna tayo sa Seven-Eleven, I want a hot dog.” Derek pulled up the car in front of Seven-Eleven. While he got his hot dog, I bought a bag of chips and a water bottle since I’m not starving as much as Derek. 

“So meron kang driver’s license but wala kang kotse?” I said, while eating my Piattos.

Derek and I are driving somewhere in the highway, I still have no idea where were going but wherever it is, I’m all up for it.

“Alli…” He smirked, “Come on, Alli.” 

He chuckled as he glanced at me with a devious expression on his face.

“What? You don’t have a license?” I laughed nervously, hoping it was a joke. He just grinned with his eyes are still glued on the road.

“Argh! Nakakainis ka!” I groaned, “You lied to me!”

“Eh kasi alam kong hindi ka sasama pag sinsabi kong wala akong lisensya.”

“Kahit na!” I said, “And you think lying to me can make me go with you?!”

“Well, it worked!” Derek laughed, “And besides, I know you want to escape the resort for a while anyway.”

“I can’t believe I fell for that!” I groaned, “Nakakainis ka talaga!”

Derek just laughed, “Ang cute mo talaga.”

 I bit my lip and went silent for a moment. Those words just started sinking inside of me, making me want to squirm in my seat and scream from the bottom of my lungs. How can he do this to me?!

“Ano, kilig kana?” He chuckled.

“Whatever.” I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes. “Where are we anyway? Konti na lang dumadaan sa way na to oh.”

“Actually, were here.” He mumbled as he turned right and pulled up by the side of the road. 

“Dito tayo?” I asked, while he unbuckled his seatbelt. 

“Yup.” 

“Do you know where were heading to all this time?” I asked him.

“Nope.” He said as he opened the door and hopped off.

“You’re so confusing!” I murmured, in an irritating tone.

I was about to open the door until I remembered something that I must do first. I searched for a mirror inside the car to fix myself and check my breath. Good thing I found a pack of mint gum inside the car, I took one and tossed it inside my mouth. Somehow, I want this kiss to be perfect and more special unlike the first. Once I got out from the car, I found Derek standing by the hedge (bakod/fence) with his elbows rested on it, he was eating his hotdog while staring forward with his grey hoodie on.