Chapter 2: Denial & The Truth

CHAPTER 2: Denial & The Truth

It was only about the middle of the school year, Tyler and Derek are quite heating up at the school's popularity list. Although such list does not really exist, the student body knows who's on top and who's not. Tyler is currently the most popular and most talked about student at school. On the other hand, Derek dropped as second. Tyler is popularly known as an active member of the school's soccer team since their team has won a number of games at inter-school comptetions. Despite the fame and attention, he's a nice and very approachable guy. He also remained friends with Alli and Heart and treats them as one of his closest friends. However, Derek's appeal didn't seem to fade to anybody's eyes. As usual, he's popularly known for his bad-boy-yet-good-looking image.

~Derek~

It was around the last week of January when I decided to confront Tyler Benson. As mush as possible, I want this conversation to be short, firm and manly since most people know us as enemies or stuff like that. I don't really give a shit from the popularity list thing, I just wanted to clear something out before it's too late.

“Basta pre, wag mo siyang ligawan ha.” I pointed out one more time.

“Huh?" He said, "But why?"

“Uh, kasi--" I scratched my forehead, thinking of an alternative statement to answer his question. 

"Basta wag." I asserted, yet I still managed to keep a straight face. 

“Okay, I got it." He said, "But come on, bakit nga?"

The fuck? Does he really need to push me?

"You love her, don't you?" He uttered.

"Ha?" I responded, my eyes widened and my heart starts to beat faster than the usual.

“You’re being too obvious, bro.”

"Don't be stupid, of couse I don't love her."

“Dude, I think you're the one who's stupid here.” Tyler laughed, “She loved you, but then what? You threw her away and treated her like shit."

I didn’t spoke a word because I might hit him any time right now.

“Just because you know she’ll be waiting for you, it doesn’t mean she’ll wait for you forever.” He added.

“Osige, you want to the whole truth?” I began, “I love the girl! Yeah, I love her. That’s why I’m telling you that don't try to—“

“Dude, of course I won’t let an asshole break in and try to steal her heart." He interrupted. "I’m going to ask her out and what makes you think she'll love you back the way she loved you before anyway?"

Alright, that's it. I'm going to beat the shit outta this douche bag.

I folded my hand into a hard fist and swing my arm to punch him in the face. There’s a sickening sound that I think something is broken. And before I knew it, nagsusuntukan na kami sa stairway.  As a crowd started to grow around us, chanting and screaming, some of them were even trying to take a video of us.

I never knew this pussy-ass knows how to fight, but nah I'm still a lot more better. But by the moment the both of us started to get weak, I still managed to grab all the strength and enerygy that is left in my system and collect them altogether in just one punch. One punch is left and after this if he still won't give it up, then I'm going drop and lose. This is a punch of now or never. I punched him my one last punch in the nose and it left him dropping on the floor. I can't believe that I punched  him so hard, it made his nose bleeding.

Haha, buti nga!

Then I tasted something wet and salted on my lip. 

Shit, my lip is busted.

“Benson and Santiago, that’s enough!” Suddenly, the school’s principal, Mr. Sanchez went up to us with a face that everyone wouldn’t like to see.

“You two go to my office, NOW!”

 “Teka lang, Ms. Prieto?” Mr. Sanchez said to Alli who was standing with the crowd, I didn't even noticed she was watching the whole time until now. "Please kindly escort Mr. Benson to the clinic and you Mr. Santiago...”

Then he pointed a finger with his right eye twitching at me. “You’re coming with me sa office at baka mag away pa kayo sa clinic.”

"What?!" I said.

I was watching Alli help Tyler to stand up and before heading out to the clinic, I saw Alli made a glance at me, with an angry and disgusted look in her eyes.

"Hey, Derek are you okay?" My classmates asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said, in a firm and clear tone then I off I went to Mr. Sanchez’ office.

Hay nako, ito nanaman tayo.

~Alli~

So ayun na nga, I escorted Tyler to the clinic due to his bleeding nose from the fight he had with Derek.  Bakit kaya sila nag-away? What is Derek’s problem this time? Sometimes I think he's doing these stuff just to get attention from everyone, so the student body will forever define him as all tough and manly. Ugh, typical jock stuff. And this? Dinamay pa si Tyler? Ugh, that’s just pathetic.

 “Thanks.” Tyler thanked me, giving me a groggy smile as I handed him some ice for his nose.

“Ha? Para san?” I asked.

“For escorting me to the clinic." 

“Oh, right.” I said, “Nah, it's fine. Nakakaawa ka kaya kanina! Parang waterfalls na yung ilong mo sa dugo eh."

"You know what?" He chuckled, "You always know how to make me laugh even at a time like this."

"Well, you're welcome." I said, “So, bakit ba kasi kayo nag-away?”As soon as Tyler’s laugh faded away, I started to regret what I just said.

“Basta, ayoko munang pagusapan yon.” He responded. I've seen Tyler's serious looks at his soccer games but I've never seen him so serious as this one. I'm pretty sure his fight with Derek ealier was pretty serious. We both gave each other some silence in the room, I noticed his other hand were folded into a tight fist and his eyes were suddenly glued on the floor.

"Hey." I stood up, "I'm going to get you some water."

“Hey Alli?” He spoke.

“Hmm?” I said.

 “Pwede manligaw?”