Chapter 17: Still & Silent

Chapter 17:

~Derek~

I invited Jude and Donald to stay with me at the resort for the whole week for my birthday (despite the fact that Jude still owes me money). And so far, we had tons of fun right after we arrived here. After my birthday party yesterday, today we went golfing—well, actually we didn’t, we rented three golf cars and started racing around the golf field. And then we went to the resort’s sick arcade, where I get to beat the high score in playing Teken. Afterwards, we went to the resort’s Jacuzzi where it’s located at the rooftop, where Donald gave us his “special sandwich”.

“So now you owe him…how much was that again?” Donald says, laughing for no reason. Obviously, this guy is high.

“500 pesos, bro.” I answered, followed by a laugh. The three of us were at the Jacuzzi, eating a “sandwhich” and talked about what Jude and I betted at prom.

"Mahirap kaya!" Jude says, "Bakasayon kasi, walang pasok, walang baon, walang pera!"

“Hu-whaaat? Hu-whaaaat?!” Donald screams as he threw his head back and started laughing while Jude and I were chuckling together. The two of us are not that high as much as Donald but we’re laughing because Donald is so high that he doesn’t know what he’s saying or doing anymore, but all I know is that every word that comes out from his mouth are so damn funny. This is pretty much why I brought him here. And unexpectedly I heard a phone ringing from the side of the Jacuzzi. And before I knew it, it was Donald’s phone. He grabbed a towel to dry his hands and swiped his finger to answer the call.

“Hello? Mom?” Donald says, his voice was weak, weary and too deep like he just gotten from a sleep but pretty much, it was from the “special sandwich”.

“Kumain kana ba?”Donald’s phone was on speaker so we can hear his mom’s pitchy tone on the phone. He glanced at the “special sandwich” and grinned before he could answer,

 “Opo, ma.”

Jude and I were trying to hold our laughs as hard as we can as we were watching him.

“Osige, I just want to see if you’re fine.” His mom says, “Donald, nagdala ka nanaman ba nung sandwich na yan?”

“Ha?” He grinned at us, “Hindi po, ma.”

“Are you high?”

“Hi…hindi po.” He laughed. “Sige po ma, aalis na po ako.” And Jude and I tried to hold our laughs even harder

“Ha? Teka, I’m not done talking to—“

“Good bye ma!” Donald says, “I love you!”

And soon as he ended the call, the three of us started to laugh are asses off. After a few seconds of that, Jude mentioned Alli.

“So what about the girl you kissed?” Jude says.

“I like her.” I blurt out, without any hesitations or any pauses. I just want everyone to know who I’m falling for right now. “After the kiss at prom, it hit me. I even get to know her better now that I’m working for her father’s car.”

“But siya yung nilliligawan ni Tyler ah.” Jude says.

“I don’t fucking care.” I said, “And why would he leave her at prom anyway?”

“Iniwan siya ni Tyler nung prom?”

“Yup.” I said, “That’s how I got the chance to kiss her.”

 “Eh ano na ang gagawin mo?” Jude asked.

And that was the question that made me pause and think.