1

I quietly sipped my coffee in the corner of the shop patio.

The sun was beaming so it produced the perfect excuse for me to inconspicuously wear my sunglasses.

The ones that were dark enough for me to look around without anyone being able to tell.

The ones that allowed me to stare at people for minutes on end.

The ones that allowed me to spy.

The ones that allowed me to do my job.

Today I was tailing a special client.

He was tall and slender with pale blond hair.

He had money.

I could tell by the thousand dollar watch he wore on his wrist and the perfectly tailored suit that adorned his body.

His wealth was also listed in the file I was given this morning, along with other things.

His predicted place of residence, family, possible job and weaknesses.

Everything was iffy. That's what made my job fun.

I got to find out all about his life without him saying a word.

Well I could of course just talk to him. Seduce him. Intrigue him enough to get him to tell all his secrets, but where was the fun in that?

So I sat tight.

And watched.

He was with a younger woman. She was short and slender, with black hair. Nothing special.

What would his wife think about their coziness?

She'd be furious no doubt but that wasn't why I was here.

No.

I needed to bring him in.

Harold isn't exactly a good man despite what his sweet elder exterior may bring you to believe.

He was actually involved with corporate fraud and embezzlement.

Naughty boy.

Millions of dollars stolen in a night.

Probably how he affords that beach condo I found out about.

It may seem like a civil duty to turn him in but to be honest, he wasn't going to the cops.

He was going to SHIELD.

They knew how to handle people like Harold.

I've seen it firsthand.

They'll torture him and beat the shit out of him.

You see SHIELD just isn't what it used to be, not that I was complaining, they still gave me a job but it's not in its former glory.

The public didn't know that.

To them SHIELD was still protecting them.

For the most part is does, but there are definitely some things cooking behind the scenes that would absolutely terrify and infuriate the people of the world.

This was one of those things.

Torture.

Extremely touchy subject if you ask me.

I mean, to helplessly beat on someone until you got what you wanted, sheesh. But it gave me what I wanted; money. The praise was good too.