thirteen

• dedicated to @karasubara <3 •

[ 13 ]

It took only a split second for me to react and I was pushing Ethan away with hideous fear burning through me. The attacker just missed him by a fraction of an inch.

"Are you insane?" I shouted at Ethan as I dodged the attacker's knife.

"I'm not going to let you get hurt because of me again," Ethan shouted back. Then he pointed to something behind me. "Be careful!"

I ducked instinctively and turned around to see that I'd just narrowly dodged yet another attempt to stab me.

"That's actually kind of my job, Ethan," I said dryly. Well, as dryly as I could while in a fight.

"You think I don't know that? But I can't just simply stand there and watch you get hurt."

I was pushing the attacker back, putting as much distance between him and Ethan as possible. "Find a way."

The attacker ducked before I could punch him in the face and slipped past me. Damn it!

"Ethan, watch out!" I exclaimed, watching with gripping horror as the attacker sprinted to him.

"Watch out for wha-Oh fuck!" He rolled to the side and I watched as the knife stabbed into the air that was once supposed to be Ethan's chest.

I quickly took the opportunity to pull out my gun and aimed it at the attacker. My hands were shaking as the cool metal graced against my sweaty skin. Shoot, I told myself. Just shoot.

Pushing all thoughts to the back of my mind, I pulled the trigger and the loud bang reverberated throughout the club. Suddenly, everyone was standing still as the song that was playing filled the tense silence.

Despacito
Quiero respirar tu cuello despacito
Deja que te diga cosas al oí do
Para que te acuerdes si no está s conmigo

The man fell to the ground, groaning in pain. My shot hadn't been aimed to kill, but to injure.

Despacito
Quiero desnudarte a besos despacito
Firmo en las paredes de tu laberinto
Y hacer de tu cuerpo todo un manuscrito

Feeling the eyes of everyone on me and the metal in my hand, I quickly grabbed onto Ethan's arms and pulled him out of the club before anyone could notify the authorities.

Pushing past the crowd of people that were still shell-shocked at what they just saw, I tried to leave the scene before the masked man could get up.

The atmosphere in the club was beyond suffocating and I felt like throwing up. The distinct sound of my gunshot echoed in my head, the memory taunting me mericilessly.