Chapter Five

5 - The Truth

Kaitlyn had been lying in Jack's bed for over an hour, looking at her short pink nails. Jack had informed her as soon as she laid down that he would be in the living room sleeping on the couch, and he would check up on her once she woke up, but the problem was that she couldn't even go to sleep. She had tried willing her eyes to close, heck she even tried to count sheep but nothing was working and that had been over three hours ago.

She let out a huff and turned over onto her back. She had to tell Jack the truth, it wasn't like he didn't already know what happened that night, or maybe he didn't?

She wasn't entirely sure herself that night had been crazy for a better lack of words. Not as crazy as she had hoped, but enough.

She thought about just blurting it out the next time she saw him, but she wanted to make sure that they were alone. She didn't know how he would react and having others around would undoubtedly make things worse.

She scratched her head and looked over at her phone. She had two missed calls from her friends Joana and Taylor. Well, they weren't actually her friends, they were just a few women from her work that she had been trying so hard to impress for the past year, but it was obvious nothing was working. She had even went to a bar with them and they had ditched her. Their so called friendship said a lot. To them she was just poor, awkward Kaitlyn who couldn't get laid even if the man was drunk..which was actually true.

She cringed at that thought and turned over into her pillow. She should've said something yesterday when she sat across from Jack and his manager but she couldn't. She was already embarrassed by the whole idea and adding the fact that they had not actually slept together made the whole situation even more humiliating.

She gave a muffled groan into the pillow.

It was then that she came up with her plan. She would tell Jack as soon as she saw him, she decided.

No matter what happened.