Chapter Eight

8 - The Nah

Two hours had passed and it was now 6:45 p.m. Kaitlyn could hear rumbling outside of her closed door, indicating that the guys were most likely getting ready to head out for tonight's show. Kaitlyn made no move to go and get ready with them. She sat at the head of her queen sized bed, with her knees pulled tightly against her chest as she desperately tried to drown out their chatter.

"If you guys don't hurry we're going to be late." Called a very impatient voice. Must've been Charles, she thought as the sound of a door opening and shutting sounded throughout the hallway.

"Yeah, yeah, we're coming." Dane replied in a bored tone as another voice joined in.

"Has anyone seen my drumsticks?" Lee questioned tiredly.

"Yeah, Thomas was using them for his walrus impersonations while we were on the bus earlier." Dane replied.

"Idiot." Lee huffed, walking away from the door and the hallway grew silent for a second before Charles's voice shouted once again.

"Jack and Thomas, get your butts down here now!"

Another door opened, footsteps following, before a loud thud sounded.

"Oh, for the love of-" Jack started before Charles's quickly interrupted him.

"Are you okay?" He rushed out. Jack made a groaning sound.

"Yeah, I think it's alright. Help me up."

Then everything was quiet again, except for shuffling here and there before Jack's deep voice replied. "Thanks."

Another door opened and this time she knew exactly who it was without having to strain her ears to hear properly. "Seriously dude, I was just about to beat level thirty and your clumsy tail threw me off."

There was no reply and she could practically see Jack rolling his eyes.

Thomas made a clacking noise with his tongue. "Where's Kaitlyn at?"

"Probably sleeping." Jack muttered in a hushed tone.

"Oh, well I'll just go and wake her up." Thomas explained happily.

"No-" Jack started but it was too late. The knob on her door began to turn and she panicked. She quickly threw the covers over herself in an attempt to fake like she had been sleeping.

As soon as the cover was over her head Thomas barged in, the light of the hallway now shining brightly through the open door.

"See," Jack hissed, "I told you she was probably sleeping."

Kaitlyn's heart began to beat faster as she heard footsteps approaching the head of the bed where her face was positioned. She felt a hand reaching for the cover when Jack interrupted again.

"Just leave her alone, Thomas. She's probably worn out from today." He tried. Thomas dropped his head and looked at his friend momentarily.

"I guess you're right.." he said sadly.

"Really?" She heard Charles's surprised voice before Thomas yelled back.

"Nah, just wanted to see the stupid look on your face when I did this," he quickly pulled back the cover, revealing a very wide awake Kaitlyn. Her eyes darting to the three men standing in her room looking down at her.

Before anyone could register what was happening, Thomas grabbed her by the arm and yanked her from the bed.

"Rise and shine, beautiful," He sung, staring down at Kaitlyn with a mischievous glint in his dark brown eyes. She gulped. She could tell by the look in his eyes that tonight was going to be a long night.