Chapter Eighteen

So I feel like i'm the only one who is deeply hurt by the fact that Chris Pratt and Anna Faris are divorcing. Like they were my power couple. Now my username doesn't even make sense anymore. It's irrelevant. ._. But anyways, wanted to leave you all with some words of wisdom.

'And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.'

- Galatians 6:9

Because sometimes I just feel like being a jerk to others when they do me wrong and I have to remind myself that God will take care of it and I don't have to stoop to other people's level. Just do what is right! It's so hard, but so worth it. Have a great week! :)

18 - The Party (Part three)

       Kaitlyn had always been considered a nervous person. It was like she was always on edge no matter where she went. She heavily believed in Murphy's law that whatever can go wrong, will go wrong - and right now, as she stood out in the cool night air on the balcony, it was all she could think of.

        "Sorry I took so long." Jack said as he joined her. He walked over to where she was standing and leaned against the stone railing. "Had to get Thomas back to the bus before he embarrassed himself anymore."

"Does he usually act like that?" She asked.

Jack rolled his eyes, "Only when the alcohol is supplied freely." He said as they both laughed.

Kaitlyn pushed herself up from the railing. "About earlier," She started. "There's something I've been meaning to tell you for awhile now."

Jack nodded for her to continue.

      "But you can't get too mad." She rushed out.

Jack chuckled. "I don't think there's anything that you could say right now that would make me lose my temper. So have at it."

She pushed a strand of her curly hair behind her ear. "The night we met at the bar. We, you and I," She tried, trying to push down the fear.

Jack raised an amused brow, "Yes?"

       "You and I, we didn't actually.."

"Take things slowly?" Jack suddenly cut in.

      "No, wait." She tried to interrupt but he kept going.

"No, I understand. We slept together and then pretended like it was nothing and that bothers you doesn't it?" He asked.

She shook her head. "No really, just let me,"

He raised his hand. "It's okay. I've been meaning to talk to you about our one night stand for awhile as well."

"Jack, please. If you would just let me finish." She tried again but Jack was too caught up in himself to listen.

     "I know we haven't really had the chance to get to know one another that much, but I would like to know more about you, you know? Maybe spend some private time together and be more than just 'the guy you slept with one night.'"

"Jack." She urged.

     "But during the small amount of time that we've gotten to spend together i've kind of realized that i'm actually starting to -"

"Fall for you." He said, grabbing her hand just as she shouted.

      "Jack, we never slept together!"

As soon as the words fell out of her mouth it was as if everything went still. The music that was blasting in the background had abruptly stopped and the chatter of the people inside had died down. Everyone's attention was now on them.

She looked to Jack to see what his expression would be, but was met with a look of betrayal.

     "What?" He barely whispered.

"We didn't sleep together the night we met."

"Then why, why do I remember getting into bed with you?" He demanded, "I can't just imagine that!"

She cringed at his tone. "You were drunk..like really drunk. I didn't know at first. We kissed a little and as soon as we had made it to the bed you were knocked out cold." She replied honestly.

      A crease appeared on his forehead. "Then why didn't you say anything?"

"I was scared, okay? I didn't know what to do. You were famous and I was-"

He chuckled darkly, "Yeah, I was famous and you thought 'Hey, why don't I just run along with this for awhile because it'll be fun." He spat.

"What did you think you would get out of this? Money? Fame? I bet you even knew about my prosthetic leg. Were you going to sell that information to the press for a quick buck?" He shook his head. "I can't. I just can't look at you right now." He started to walk away when she grabbed his arm.

     "I never meant to deceive you, Jack." She begged, "Just give me a second to explain."

He snatched his arm away. "You've had weeks to explain." He said coldly, "I'm done listening."

He pushed past a small crowd of people who had gathered around them, walking until he had completely disappeared from her sight. Kaitlyn stood frozen, not really knowing how much Jack's rejection had affected her until a single tear rolled down her cheek.