Chapter Eleven

11 - The Hotdog

        The after party that happened after the concert was insane - too bad none of the guys had actually went to it. When the concert had ended, Charles had tried to talk them into going to a party a couple of blocks over that another band was hosting in The Passengers honor, but they opted out.

Lee complained about his aching head, Dane was too busy trying to get random girls numbers, Jack just seemed uninterested in the whole thing, and Thomas, well he said he had more important things to be doing - like beating level twenty eight on cooking fever.

After an entire hour of signing autographs and dodging fans, they had all settled on a quiet hotdog joint a couple of blocks away from the plaza.

      "Man, I'm glad that's over." Dane huffed as he plopped down in his chair. The waiter walked around to take their drink orders before walking back to the kitchen.

"You guys were really good." Kaitlyn praised.

"Thanks." Lee and Dane started.

"Told you so." Jack added. Before Thomas looked up from his phone.

"What else did you expect? I'm the lead singer after all." He winked.

Kaitlyn ignored him and looked back over her menu. When the waiter came back they all put in their orders. Lee pulled out his book and Dane and Jack were looking at their phones. It was silent for awhile before Thomas blurted-

"Is a hotdog considered a sandwich?" He asked seriously. Everyone looked up at him curiously.

"What?" Jack questioned first.

He sighed. "I said is a hot dog considered a sandwich?" He repeated again.

"Nah." Dane said quickly.

Lee shifted his black eyes to Dane. "Well, technically it could be. It is a piece of meat between two pieces of bread."

"But isn't hot dog bread still connected in the middle?" Kaitlyn said aloud.

Lee shrugged. "Yeah, but so is the bread that they use at subway for their sandwiches, so yeah, I guess a hotdog could be considered a sandwich." He concluded.

Jack frowned. "Why are we even discussing this? You don't even eat hotdogs, Thomas."

He shrugged. "Just wanted to know, ya know. I'm sure I'm not the only one who wanted to know."

     "Dude, no one else would even think about that, but you." Dane chuckled.

"He's not wrong." Lee flipped the page of his book, "You are a bit small minded."

"Says the guy that reads the same book everyday." He mumbled.

Jack laughed. "What are you reading anyways? Everything's in Chinese, even the title."

Thomas grinned. "Bet it's something inappropriate."

      "Oh, grow up." Lee said before flipping another page.

"I know you are but what am I?" Thomas shot back childishly.

      Kaitlyn laughed at them. "Apparently small minded." She shot back at Thomas and he gave her a hurt look. Lee met her gaze and gave her an approving smile.

     "I think I may actually like you." He stated before going back to his book. His words were always simple. Always giving off a lot, but only using a few words. Jack eyed Kaitlyn from the corner of his eye to see what her reaction would be when she simply smiled.

"Thanks." She replied back.

Good girl, he thought before inwardly kicking himself. 

Kaitlyn shot her eyes in his direction and gave another one of those breathtaking smiles. "I didn't know you could sing."

Jack shrugged, a small grin making way. "It's one of my many talents."

"Opposed to your long list of other ones." Thomas sarcastically added.

"Like you have many."

Thomas scrunched up his nose. "I'll have you know that I am a great singer and dancer. Plus, I'm bilingual." He said proudly.

Jack snorted. "Singer, okay I'll give that one to you. Dancer? Not so much - and your bilingualism isn't worth the paper it's printed on. I know you call your mom up every other night to practice the Spanish part of the song." He cocked his finger in Thomas's direction. "Just admit it, the only time you ever speak Spanish is if you're repeating the lyrics from the song."

"Dónde está la puerta!" Thomas said defensively.

      "What does that even mean?" Dane asked.

     Thomas huffed. "I'm not sure, but my mom told me to say it whenever I was in an uncomfortable situation that I couldn't get out of." He said before winking. Everyone burst out laughing. Jack knew Thomas was fluent in Spanish, everyone knew, he just liked picking on Thomas every now and then.

When the waiter came back around, he placed the food out on the table and silently left. Everyone said a prayer before grabbing their forks. Just before Thomas scooped a forkful of macaroni into his mouth, he looked around the table to see everyone's eyes on him. He dropped his fork.

       "What's so funny?"

Dane and Jack looked at each other, while Kaitlyn shrugged. Lee had sat his book down and was looking up at his friend, his dark eyes glistening.

      "Aren't you supposed to be looking for a door?" He asked, an amused smile crossing his face.

"What?" Thomas stared at Lee.

Lee smirked. "You really didn't think you were the only one who was bilingual at this table, did you?"

Thomas made no reply and Dane couldn't help himself. "I guess you really are small minded, bro." He patted his back before looking back up at everyone else, "But seriously, guys, what did Thomas say?"