Chapter Six

6 - The Hotel

       Kaitlyn was jolted from her sleep as the bus came to an abrupt stop. She lazily pushed herself up from the bed and watched as the room door opened and Jack stepped in. "Hey, you good?"

She nodded her head. "Yeah, is everything alright?"

Jack shut the door and walked deeper into the room. "Yeah, we're at the hotel. Our driver just sucks at driving, but you'll get used to it." He grabbed Kaitlyn's suitcase and then picked up his own. "We have a concert tonight so you can stay at the hotel if you'd like."

Kaityln wrung her hands together. "Look, jack. I have to tell -" She began when an overzealous Thomas burst through the door.

"Can you believe I beat Dane's level in cooking fever. I mean i'm only on level twenty five, but I can already tell that i'm going places."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Yeah, like out of my room. Now go," He pushed his friend through the door before closing it back. He turned his eyes back the Kaityln. "You were saying?" He raised his eyebrow.

"We-"

"Dude hurry up. Charles said we can't check into the hotel until all four of us are in the lobby. I need to take a nap on a real bed before the concert tonight, come on." Dane whined, pounding on the outside of the door.

"We'll be out in a second!" He yelled before running a hand through his blonde hair. "We'll talk later. For now, let's go before Lee decides to grace us with his presence." He said irately, holding out his hand for her to take.  

---

The hotel was beautiful, especially the room. The room was like a tiny apartment, although there was only one problem.

"I can't believe Charle's cheap butt is making us all share a room.. I already have to spend months on a bus with you Debbie downers, I need my space." Thomas exaggerated, falling back onto the couch. Lee picked up his book giving everyone a once over.

"I'll be in my room. Wake me when it's time to go." He said simply before disappearing behind the large brown door. Dane left soon after him.

Jack stared over at Thomas expectanly.

"What?" He asked as he rapidly tapped the screen of his phone.

"Aren't you going to go take a nap?"

He kept his gaze locked on the brightly lit screen. "Nah, i'm good. Plus i'm on level twenty seven now and things just got real."

Jack decided not to question him any longer and turned to Kaitylyn. "Want to go grab something to eat?" She had intended to say no when her stomach suddenly growled. Jack looked down at her small stomach.  "I'll take that as a yes."

Thomas shot up from the couch. "Cool, can I come?"

Jack didn't even give him a backwards glance as he grabbed Kaityln's hand and pulled her out the door.