Chapter Fifteen

15 - The Promise

       After a long day of shopping, ten pieces of pizza, and a bathroom where Thomas could vomit up all the pizza he had eaten earlier, they were finally back at the hotel. Thomas eased himself down on the couch.

    "I'm never eating that much pizza ever again." He promised himself.

Kaitlyn rolled her eyes. "You should've stopped at your fourth piece." She commented watching as his face turned green.

"Let's just stop talking about it." He said waving his arm, before dropping it over his eyes. Kaitlyn walked over and sat on the couch towards the end of his feet. She turned on the tv, looking for a channel to watch.

       "Hey, can I ask you something. It's been bothering me for awhile."

Kaitlyn settled on Z Nation. "Yeah?"

Thomas pushed himself up so that he was now laying against the couch. "How come you didn't notice Jack that night at the bar? Or freak out when you met us. We're pretty famous, there's no way you haven't heard of us."

She shrugged. "I had heard of the passengers before but I had never really put faces to the band. Plus, that night at the bar was crazy. Everyone was drunk, no one really noticed him and if they did they didn't make a big deal out of it. So how was I supposed to know that he was famous?"

She was nervous. Earlier when Thomas had brought up Jack's prosthetic leg she hadn't actually let on that she knew about it. What if Thomas knew more than he let on.

A line appeared on his forehead. "I - Okay, whatever. I believe you. You just don't seem like the type of person to lie about anything." He drawled on, "I mean you're just so truthful-"

"Okay." She blurted, "That night at the bar I really didn't know that Jack was famous. But we-we didn't sleep together."

Apparently she had been wrong to assume that Thomas had already known that, because he immediately turned to her, his hands on either side of her shoulders. "What?" He exclaimed loudly.

She hit his arm. "Shh. If you get any louder you'll wake everyone up."

Thomas calmed himself before whispering. "So let me get this straight. Jack and you didn't.." he made a circle with his hand and then inserted his finger a few times. Kaitlyn swatted it away.

"Yes," she said embarrassedly. "I should've said something sooner, but I was so overwhelmed by everything happening these last few days that I chickened out. Promise me you won't say anything."

"But Jack's my friend."

"I thought we were friends."

Thomas sighed before dragging his hand down his face. "We are, but Jack still has the right to know."

"And I'll tell him on my own time..soon. Just promise you won't say anything before I get the chance to."

Thomas sighed. "Okay, I promise." He ran his hand through his black hair, "Just don't take too long."

Kaitlyn instantly relaxed. Thomas knowing about her and Jack's situation was one less thing to worry about. She shifted her gaze back to the television as she tried to pay attention to the show when Thomas's voice interrupted her thoughts.

"Make sure to tell Jack as soon as possible or I will." He said after awhile. Kaitlyn turned to him, a confused look crossing her face. Hadn't he just promised not to say anything?

"Huh? But I thought-"

Thomas grinned, "I'll try my best not to say anything, but can you blame me? I can't wait to break it to that jerk that he's still technically a virgin."

- - - - - - - - - -
Okay, so I really didn't like this chapter. I'll most likely go back later on this week and redo the whole thing.