Chapter Nineteen- A New Assignment and Raccoons

"Blake, could you have even bothered to lift a finger to call me?" Kyle was on me as soon as I was out of my car.

"I just figured I would talk to you when I got here. Seth told me you'd be here and I much prefer a face to face conversation with someone." Especially someone that got on my nerves. I could easily take my anger out on them. Everything always works out in the end. For me at least.

"Oh... well I wish you would have hurried!" He whined.

"Whatever, just stop acting like a little kid and here," I toss him my keys. He deftly catches them out of the air. "Just don't scratch it or break anything. I swear I will do more damage to you than you did to the car if you did."

"Sure, whatever." He merely shrugs his shoulders and heads for my car with excitement. I swear this boy doesn't even take his own life seriously.

"Blake! There you are, it feels like it's been forever hasn't it?" Carl comes out with a big smile on his face and at first, I thought he was gonna hug me. Thankfully, he gave me some kinda of weird handshake. Is it possible for a handshake to feel affectionate? If it was then his definitely felt affectionate.

"It sure does feel like forever Carl. How have you been?" He releases my hand, at least not making it too long of a handshake. That would be awkward.

"Good, just kinda busy. You?"

"We'll, you could definitely say the same for me."

"Two agencies vying for your attention probably doesn't help does it?" He laughs.

"Well no, not really. If it makes it any easier, one of them I'm pretty sure wants me dead. So I think your agency is winning the fight for my affection if that helps any."

"Hmm, yes, it does help. Quite a bit actually. Maybe one day you'll get to meet the boss." He says boss in an almost fording way.

"Why not now? Why haven't I been allowed to meet him yet?"

Carl opens his mouth to speak but is beaten to the punch. "He thinks you might kill him."

I look at Seth in shock. Kill their boss? I wouldn't do that. He's not a target and he's done absolutely nothing wrong to me. Hell he's sent these three... semi bright boys to help win me over and inform me of what Georgette is doing! I'm grateful to the man! "I'm grateful to him! He sent you guys to tell me what Georgette has done and what she was trying and is trying to do to me. I owe the man my life! And to some extent you three. Not so much Kyle. I don't have enough restraint when it comes to Kyle."

"See he's just afraid that that's a lie. He wants you to prove it. To prove that you won't kill him." Seth leans against the building that is serving as there house and also an office space. It's really weird. It look like a house on the outside but half and half on the inside.

"How do I prove that exactly?"

"That's actually why you're here today. Or at least part of it. We have several things to discuss. And of course the ever so obnoxious Kyle had to see your new car."

"Okay, well shall we get to it then?" I honestly wanted to know what this mystery guy wanted me to do to gain his trust. I don't even know how outrageous it might be! What if he wanted me to kill my sister? I'm sorry but that is just not something that is going to happen.

"Yeah let's head inside," he looks over my shoulder. "Lock it up Kyle! Let's head inside and get to business. Bring Blake back her keys."

Kyle grunts. "Whatever you say." He gives one last longing look at my car before he locks it up and heads towards the rest of us.