Chapter Eight- The Letter

Elizabeth and I chatted in the kitchen for about half an hour. By the time I had eaten five full plates- finishing off all of the left over's- and three slices of pie and ice-cream, I was ready to get out of my dress and work out.

"I'm going to go work out now Elizabeth. May I have a few bottles of water?" I ask as I am cleaning my dishes.

"Sure thing honey. I'm glad to see you enjoyed my dinner," she smiles and goes to grab a few bottles of water. "Here you go," she sets them beside me. "I'm going to bed now. Good night sweetie."

"Good night Elizabeth," I smile at her as warmly as I can and she heads off to bed.

I finish the dishes quickly and remove my shoes to carry them up the stairs. I've become used to moving in this dress, although it was still difficult with how the dress hugged my legs to walk up the stairs. Hell, making it up two flights of stairs to the third floor was a work out in itself, but not as extremely efficient as an actual work out. I quickly change into some 'booty' shorts and a tank top. Placing my iPod touch in the dock I found some motivational songs, but made it background music so that I don't wake Elizabeth or Jason.

I start out with stretching and then remove my iPod from the dock and grab my earphones, heading outside to the back yard. The wind was blowing, making the night air cold, but I had been in worse situations so I really didn't mind. I made sure to lose myself in my work out and I definitely managed to do just that.

I noticed light begin to creep over the horizon. Glancing quickly at my iPod, I notice it's approaching five. I guess I should probably head to bed and get some rest before the no doubt stressful meeting I'll be subjected to at one thirty.

Heading up the stairs, I heard music from Jason's room. Well he was obviously up.

I needed a shower so I rushed up to my room to shower quickly and get some rest. In my bathroom, I looked at my new mirror. Obviously I had to tell Elizabeth about it at some point. Thankfully, she didn't ask questions about it, just got repairmen in to fix it.

I showered quickly, throwing on a pair of pajama pants and a tank top. I lay in bed for a while before finally being able to fall asleep.

~*~*~*~*

I woke about four hours later at just a little past ten. I surprisingly felt well rested despite my lack of sleep all week. I changed into a simple pair of white skinny jeans and a black fitted top with matching flats. I could feel the pain from the heels I wore yesterday so I didn't feel like wearing more heels today.

I found a light, black, designer jacket and pulled it on. I quickly yanked a brush through my blonde hair. Before heading down, I grabbed two knives and tucked them in my jacket, then decided it would be a good idea to take my gun too. So, grabbing my one gun holster that was thankfully black, I slung it over my shoulders after removing my jacket and placed my Glock into the holster. I hoist my jacket back on and head down for something to eat.

"... back." Jason says.

"No Jason, that's not good." I hear Elizabeth gasp and I round the corner to the living area.

"Good afternoon Elizabeth... Jason," I mumble, slightly tired now.

"Good afternoon Blake," Elizabeth chirps and I barely hear Jason mutter the same thing. When is he going to stop this? It really is pointless in my opinion.

"I'm going to go out and grab a bite to eat somewhere, then off to meet Georgette." I grab my clutch from last night and transfer my stuff to a small black purse I left hanging on the hook by the front door.