Chapter One- Getting Started

The wind had picked up noticeably. The water was more choppy than earlier which caused the ferry to rock a bit. I looked up to the dark and sinister clouds above that were heavily pregnant with water. It would soon be storming something furious. I grimaced when I realized the one thing I had failed to pack was my rain coat. Jason stood next to me by the railing on the deck stoic as ever. Georgette and Shelby had disappeared somewhere, leaving Jason to "protect" me.

"So would you know where we are going?" My hair snapped in the wind when I tried to look at him.

"Some expensive clothing store's for women. The one's only a few blocks from the Public Market."

"All Saints, Baby & Co, or Anthropologie?"

"Uh... all of those stores I think."

With that all conversation stopped. He was another kid like me except they wouldn't get rid of him after his eighteenth birthday. He was male and proved a bigger asset than women. Although some women were kept like Shelby had been. Me though? I wouldn't be... or at least that's what I hoped. They had told me that I was no longer of use three times now. I was beginning to wonder if I really ever would be done. I didn't want to think of that possibility at the moment.

Suddenly Georgette and Shelby were by my side. Their eyes were dark and hard. The look actually frightened me. "What's wrong?"

"Ah, nothing deary. Just a stressful call from work," Georgette cheered. "Look we can exit now! Let's go get you some real clothes." She scurried off of the ferry, not looking to see if I was following.

She dragged me into each store. All Saints was were I got the majority of my clothing and shoes, but I still had a fare amount of clothes from the other two stores. Most of the clothes were monotone colors as well as cool colors like purples and blues. And every single piece hugged my figure like a second layer of skin. All the shoes that had been bought for me weren't ideal, but I'd fought in heels a lot before. I'd keep catching glances of amusement from Jason at the things I had to try on. It was the most fun I've ever had in the past six or seven years. Messed up right?

"Okay, we've set up a house in Federal Way for you. You'll be living with a woman who will be posing as your mother, Elizabeth Reid, your still under your real name, but your manuscript is different. You did complete high school two years ago after all and that can't be on there. I think everything is set and ready for you," Georgette clasped her hands in front of her. Then she straightened as if remembering something. "Oh and Jason will be posing as your twin brother! Right Jason Reid?" Georgette put emphasis on Reid.

"Right," he gave a curt nod.

"Alright my dear, do you understand what's going on?" Georgette fixed me with a stern look.

"Yes ma'am."

"Good. You start tomorrow, Jason knows where the house is. You two will be sharing the car we've provided okay?" I only nodded. "Now we must go. Every things set up and this is one of the few schools that doesn't have a metal detector so you'll be good to bring your protection." With that they left.

Jason lead me to a parking garage and I didn't like the feel of it. The walls were damp and it was very dimly lit. Our every foot step echoed more than I cared for. I had a firm grip on one of the knives at my waist. I was always read, always ready. Thankfully we made it to the new black Lincoln town car. Everything with these people were way too expensive. I ran over my past in my head briefly and flinched. I stared out the window as we headed for the interstate, but before we left downtown I saw the man who was following me. I turned to face forward and anger surged within me.

Before I realized it, we were pulled up in front of a big beautiful beige house with blue shutters. I carried all of my bags as well as the one bag of my belongings from the very small studio apartment I had. One bag that contained all of my belongings. Isn't that sad? It was raining hard and the stairs up to the front door were slippery causing me to almost fall, but I caught myself.

"Oh dear do be careful," a voice said. The voice sounded like beautiful bells ringing.

"Elizabeth," Jason actually smiled. She was a beautiful woman. She had sandy blond hair that fell to her shoulders, light brown eyes, and a smile that never seemed to leave her face.

"Nice to see you again dear. And you must be the infamous Blake Reid," the woman, Elizabeth, smiled at me and hugged me. "Dinner's done. Do come and eat please."

I followed silently and ate what she offered, to hungry to care what it was. She showed me to my room on the third floor and helped with my bags. It was a nice room. It was empty save for a desk complete with a laptop, a flat screen TV, and a bed. The walls were the same beige as the facade of the house. I put the clothes away, showered, placed curlers that I found in the bathroom attached to my room in my hair, and quickly fell asleep.

My alarm went off at five in the morning. I groaned as I rolled out of bed and preceded to get ready. I wore a dark gray T-Shirt that clung to my body, black skinny jeans, black leather jacket, black leather gloves, and black boot like stilettos. Something I would never have thought to wear. I pulled my gun out of my beat down rucksack and checked everything to make sure it was still ready. Then I found the two knives I always carried on my person and placed them in the inner pockets of the jacket. I pulled the curlers from my hair and went downstairs with an expensive looking rucksack where I had placed the gun. Jason was already sitting there waiting. "I'm ready if you are... brother."

"After you... sis."

I walked to the car. It was lightly misting right now and it felt nice. I wasn't looking forward to this because I wasn't all that social. The whole car ride was silent as I looked over Regina Collins file. I was too tired to do it last night so I had to do it now. We arrived in about fifteen minutes. I immediately spotted her upon interring the school. As luck would have it, she was to be my tour guide.

Regina Collins, you have no idea what has been set upon you. I couldn't help but think.

A/N: This was a bit of a filler chapter so sorry if it sucks :-\ I also realised that it is kind of short so sorry if that upsets you, but it'll be longer next time :-) Please vote, fan, comment, and add to your library!!