Chapter Six- Trying For Normality

"Blake Reid?" A strong male voice comes from behind me.

"Yes?" I turn and am faced with two officers in uniform. "May I help you with something officers?"

"As a matter of fact, yes." Officier Frank said.

"Blake Reid, you are under arrest for the murder of Josh Smith," Officer Tuck said, removing a pair of handcuffs. Oh shit, not good!

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney, and to have an attorney present during any questioning. If you cannot afford a lawyer, one will be provided for you at government expense." Officer Frank added.

"I don't know what you're talking about officers," I said in a cool voice.

"We caught you on the security camera of the Luna Park Cafe. Don't play dumb with us miss." With that one officer grabbed me and the other cuffed me.

I stayed silent as they dragged me to the cruiser. They made the mistake of walking in front of me so I jumped the cuffs and beat Officer Frank on the head causing him to fall limp to the ground then I turned to grab Officer Tuck, but he had his gun pointed at me. I moved my hands in an 'I surrender' motion. It was too late and he obviously took it as a threat because he pulled the trigger and a loud noise emitted from the gun.

I bolted upright in bed with a scream, sweat all over my body. Blinking rappidly, I run my hands over my body and sag in relief that it was only a dream; a very realistic dream though. Then the noise comes again and I realize that it was thunder. My door bangs open, shacking from the forceful hit against the wall. Jason is standing there, gun in hand. When he sees nothing he looks at me.

"It's fine Jason, relax," I pant. He lets out a hearty laugh. "What?"

"I spent all day yesterday telling you to relax. Now it's you telling me to relax. I find that a bit funny." He laughs more and wipes away and imaginary tear.

"Oh."

"You really aren't experienced in any of this are you? I would've thought that hilarious!" He chuckles, but not as heart felt as before.

"No. I wasn't kidding when I said I wasn't used to this stuff. I take my job seriously and it's all I've ever really known growing up. The only people I was close to died.

"My dad... killed my mom and was coming for me. With strength I didn't know I possessed at that age, I got a butcher knife into his chest cavity. So there was death one, but he never loved me and always drank. Then, when I finished training, I had to kill my two year baby sitter and her parents. There went all of the people I cared about and I honestly forgot about my sister until it was too late to do anything about it."

It felt good to get this off my chest. There was never anyone to tell this to. I was constantly carrying it around. Now that I've finally told someone, I couldn't even cry it had been held in so long.

"Oh, Blake. I'm so sorry, I had no idea," he gasped.

"Yeah no one does. Well except for the counsel, but they already knew. I honestly never had the chance to tell anyone about what has happened in my earlier years of life. Then today... well yesterday, I had to lie to my sister about what happened to them. She had no idea that they were dead, but probably because she's been busy with her acting career."

"Wait... so you've never talked about this? To anyone? I can't believe that you've kept this in for so long. Your sisters not Nan Reid, is she?" He asked the last part as an after thought.

"Yeah, that's her." Another teenage boy no doubt with a celebrate crush on her.

"I've always wondered about that, but thought it couldn't be. You know, cause if it were, you wouldn't be in this life."