Chapter Three- The Party

Jason pulled up to the gates of a big estate. It was literally a mansion not a big house like I expected. Jason pressed a call button and had a brief conversation with a guy through a speaker system. The gates swung open slowly and as we drove through I noticed a lot of cars. What the? Then I heard the loud thumping of music. Holly hell! It wasn't a small get together like I thought. This, this was a party. Oh no.

"Why'd you just groan?" Jason glanced at me as he parked.

I groaned? "I've never been to a party. Plus I'm not very good a being social. Small groups like lunch maybe, but this..." I shuddered.

"I'm sure you'll be fine."

I didn't say anything, but slid out of the vehicle and forced the lump in my throat down. For someone like me to feel this way about a party is pathetic, but I can't help it. Since I was ten I've never been comfortable around people. That was the year I completed my three year training process and... my first premeditated kill, well kills. No don't think about that it was seven years ago, a voice said from the recesses of my brain. It's not like I can forget the bloody image of the girls wrist I slit and her parents blank eyes from the untraceable poisons they digested. The girl was my fifteen year old babysitter I had for two years, I argued back to that annoying voice. I closed my eyes and reopened them, shaking off the unwelcome images. Jason pushed me forward and I realised I had stopped walking.

"Blake, for the love of everything that's holly, breath and relax."

"Don't tell me to relax! That makes it worse!" I fixed him with a pointed glare.

"Jeez fine! That look is kinda scary slash unnerving so please stop."

I cocked my head in amazement. Who would have ever thought I could make him scared? The infamous Jason. "Whatever."

"Get inside. I'm right behind you," he nudged me again.

I took a deep breath and walked for the door with my head held high. I entered and was met with loud music and inebriated people. Regina was nearby dance with the girls from the lunch table. She glanced up and motioned me over. I reluctantly joined the group.

"Hey ho," Regina giggled. She'd definitely been drinking.

"Is that supposed to be a term of endearment?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Hells yeah."

"Your drunk."

"We all are, sweetie! Drink some of mine," her words are slurred as she extended her cup to me.

"No thank you, I'm not a fan of drinking."

"Well why not?"

"I had a drunk, abusive father growing up..." the sad thing was it wasn't a lie.

"Oh, I'm so sorry," she sobered up as much as could be expected of someone who was drunk. "Dance with us then."

"Uh..." I caught Jason's eyes when I glanced behind me. Was he standing behind me the whole time? The only people who knew were the committee who took me in after....

"Dance sis," his eyes danced in amusement. I can't dance! I pleaded with my eyes, but he only shook his head and laughed. He was going to watch and probably laugh. No, no, no! Please no! I tried to sway to the beat of the song, hoping that it wasn't too funny.

"Girl that's not dancing!" Regina shouted. Then the song changed to something slow. "Hey Matt, come here and show Blake how to dance properly."

"Hey Blake," Matt's voice came from behind me. I spun around and was pressed against Matt. Oh dear God no. I can't do this!