Chapter Twenty-One- I'm Ready to Go Out With a BANG

Regina fell asleep gabbing about Asher and her parents. Really, who knew a girl could talk that much? Well I mean, maybe if I was normal I would know.

I wanted to sneak out and go back to Asher's underground tech layer, but I knew he would text to tell me if something was wrong with the systems. Either that or he would tell me they were working and he could see me sleeping. Which was weird because I felt almost naked right now anyways.

As if on cue, my phone chimes. In reality, it could be anyone, but I think that it's Asher updating me like he said he would.

I check my phone to find two missed calls both from Seth and then a text from Asher. It must have gone off while it was in my car.

I click on the pop-up box button that says view to see Asher's full message.

Blake, cameras and audio are fully functional. Nice acting by the way. No need to reply.

I nod to myself and almost for his benefit if he's watching.

To be honest, I'm too on edge to sleep and it's also completely creepy knowing he's watching. The only place I could just about honestly sleep would be the closets. And that's honestly weird even for a girl like me.

Despite my discomfort, I try to manage some sleep anyways. It is difficult, but I manage two or three hours before the sun's rays wake me.

I know I need to leave, but I can't just bail out on Regina without an explanation and she looks like she'll be asleep for a while. Just my luck I guess.

My phone let's off a high pitched noise reserved for only three people; Georgette, Seth, and Dean. I don't think Dean would call so that only leaves two people I suppose. I look at the name and I'm glad it's someone I can more easily deal with.

"Yes Seth?" My tone is curt and to the point.

"Well hello to you too Blake." He chuckles, no traces of the anger I saw in his voice.

I walk to the kitchen where I can tell if Regina comes and continue the talk.

"Listen, now is not the time. Please just cut to the chase Seth."

"You're at her house huh?"

"So what?"

"Nothing," he chuckles, "It's just with tomorrow being your eighteenth birthday and all I think you'd be working harder." His tone was filled with contempt and he was clearly being demeaning.

"For your information I am. How I do things and how they turn out falls on me. I was given a responsibility, now leave me the fuck alone to take care of it." I hit the end button and slam my phone down.

I hadn't realized how loud I had gotten until Regina's footsteps could be heard coming towards me. My phone chimed, but I ignored it.

"Hey Blake, is everything okay?" She hugs a blanket to herself, the air actually really chilly. She's looking at me like I have two heads. Whether it's because I'm wearing a cami and shorts that could be underwear or because of the argument is hard to tell.

"Yeah, just... having some issues with my family is all." I think that conversation could pass for a family one.

"Looks like we're in the same boat." She sighs, making her way to the fridge to grab some orange juice. "Hey, let's make waffles! That's always fun and easy! We have a waffle iron we almost never use and the stuff to make them!"

My stomach grumbles at the mention of food. "Yeah, okay. As long as it's pretty easy. I'm only good at making quick stuff; just as a warning. Have the fire squad on standby or a fire extinguisher if you have one."

Ragged Girlजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें