Taking in Your Sleep (The Civil Wars)

Annie

Harry and I went to work cooking breakfast together. He seemed to know his way around a kitchen, which I loved. Cooking was so much fun to me and I loved to do it with people rather than alone. Once they had full coffee cups Niall and Kim left the kitchen. They ended up on the couch and Niall was trying to snuggle Kim.

"What are you doing?" she asked.

"Snuggling," he replied.

"What did I tell you this morning?"

"That you don't snuggle. I thought you meant in your sleep."

"I did. But those two over there can see us."

"Fine," he said sighing and giving in. I laughed a bit at their interactions. We could hear and see them and I knew that Kim, though she wanted to resist it would likely cuddle in to Niall eventually. Harry and I finished making breakfast and we all ate in the living room watching mindless television. Once we were done eating I grabbed a quilt out of the pillow nook and wrapped up in it next to Harry.

"Blanket hog," Harry mumbled climbing under the quilt with me.

"Hey, who said I was gonna share with you?"

"I'm so cold. I need warmth." His fingers slid under the hem of my shirt until they found bare skin. They were like ice.

"Holy shit. You are cold." I jumped. He snuggled a bit closer to me and there was today's Olympic event in my stomach. Gymnastics. My stomach ran down the runway, hit the ramp and flipped over the vault and kicked my heart as I felt his lips brush my shoulder. He smiled at me, immediately weakening me and I moved in to his arms, my head resting on his chest.

"So what are you doing today since Lyla is working?" he asked.

"Thought about taking some pictures."

"It's cold are you crazy?" Kim asked.

"I can bundle up. It's not like I have too far to walk to the tube station. I wanted to go outside of London but the weather has me thinking I may not make it out of Camden. Maybe next weekend I'll catch a train out of the city."

"Next weekend is Harry's birthday," Niall said. Harry shrugged; he hadn't told me his birthday was coming up. I knew he said February but didn't realize that so soon he would be turning 20. "He's refusing to decide what he wants to do."

"I was maybe going to go to LA," Harry said.

"Oh." I couldn't hide the fact that I was disappointed. "Well maybe before you leave I can bake you some cupcakes for your birthday."

"Well I was considering changing my mind." He smiled at me again. "But I'd still take cupcakes for my birthday. Those ones you made me last summer when I got home for a few days. The lemon ones."

"Those are so good," Kim said.

"I like the chocolate ones with the chocolate frosting," Niall said.

"How do you know what my cupcakes taste like?" I asked, adjusting myself to look at Niall, my back pressing against Harry's side.

"You made the chocolate last week. I was at his house. Ate the last one you'd sent home with him."

"I'm still pissed at you, you twat," Harry said. "She put rainbow sprinkles on it for me."

"I can make you more," I smiled up at him.

"Dammit bitch. I want pumpkin," Kim said.

"I'll make the pumpkin!" I said.

"I can be a taste tester," Niall offered.