Feel Like Home (The Nadas)

Harry

Waking up this morning was amazing. Curled up in my arms was Annie, still asleep. I had told her that I loved her. And she told me she loved me. And it wasn't just the kneejerk reaction to say it back. She meant it. She loved me. I don't think I've ever felt quite this happy in my lifetime. She looked beautiful and innocent in my bed asleep...no in our bed asleep. I'm sure all of my friends will think I'm absolutely mental for asking her to move in with me but I didn't like the idea of not having her here every day. She fit so perfectly in my home and I truly did want to make it our home. I'd never felt like this about anyone, especially so quickly. But even that didn't seem true. I'd been spending the last six months of my life learning every detail about this woman. Every single thing from the dimple in her right cheek to the way she talked faster the more excited she got about something.

I lay watching her for probably fifteen minutes before she started to stir in her sleep. She stretched before she snuggled up closer to me. Her eyes opened and closed slowly. I watched a smile spread across her face before she buried her face in my chest and groaned. I kissed the top of her head.

"Why are we awake?" she mumbled in to my skin.

"Because we have some packing and moving to do."

"Already? But it's so early and I'm so tired." She whined.

"I know and so am I. But I also want to get stuff organized around here so that we can move you in."

"You were serious about that? It wasn't a dream." I nodded and her smile grew so big I thought my heart would burst. "Well we could do that. Start to make space so I'm not living out of a suitcase on your floor."

"That's what I was thinking. I was also thinking that we could maybe move some of your stuff today." I was anxious to get her here. Anxious to start this whole new chapter of living together.

"You promised me a day in bed. Can you make room in the closet and dresser for me while I lay in bed?" she asked.

"Sure. Did you want breakfast?"

"Duh," she said laughing.

"Let's go downstairs then." I kissed her and crawled out of bed pulling on sweatpants. She grabbed my Packers hoodie off the floor and pulled it on before finding a pair of my sweatpants in a drawer and pulling them on. "You look hilarious."

"Well if you weren't so tall there wouldn't be this problem."

"Maybe if you weren't so short. Although I sort of like that you're short. Makes you easy to transport," I said before picking her up and flinging her over my shoulder and carrying her down the stairs as she screamed and giggled. I kissed her and then went to the refrigerator. "How about eggs and French Toast? Or would you prefer pancakes?"

"Whatever you want, you're cooking. This was supposed to be my lazy in bed day. Already breaking the one rule I had for today. I'm out of bed."

"Fine. Pancakes, you had French Toast at the restaurant yesterday. I may have some bacon too."

"You know I love bacon," she said giggling. I started cooking as she sat on her iPad that she'd left on the counter the night before. "So how do I tell Kim and Nate I found a new living arrangement?"

"Tell them you're so desperately in love with me that you cannot fathom living a night where you aren't in my bed. So you're moving in with me as soon as humanly possible."

"I don't want to just abandon Kim," Annie said.

"You aren't abandoning her. Nate will be here. He told me last night that he was just going to start moving things here so that when they get a house there's less to move. They may have heard about the house already. Why don't you call," I said to her. I saw her pick her iPhone up and call on speakerphone.