If I Could Fly (One Direction)

Harry

It didn't matter how long we had been together, every morning when Annie's alarm went off I nearly had a heart attack. Her alarm had been Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter for as long as I'd known her. It would start quietly and then get really loud as the full orchestra came in. There had been a number of times where I was in a deep enough sleep that it altered my dream and I went from wherever I was to the Great Hall of Hogwarts. I was sure she did it just to pick on me. She made Harry Potter jokes a lot, saying she wished she'd fallen for the Harry with the magic wand, which usually led to a lot of dirty jokes. This morning I was mostly awake from the sun starting to peak through the window of our suite. She stretched a little in bed next to me and I watched her reach for her phone without even opening her eyes to shut the alarm off and curl back up like she was going to back to sleep.

"If that alarm goes off in another nine minutes I'm doing to throw your phone off the balcony." My voice gave away that I was exhausted.

"But I'm tired," she said as she rolled over and buried her head in my chest.

"I know. I am too. So if you want to sleep in just set another alarm. Don't hit snooze for an hour." She glared at me while pouting.

"You're so mean."

"You're so predictable."

"I am not." She glared at me again.

"You set your alarm for like an hour earlier than you want to get up and just hit snooze until the last minute. Or you set alarms every 15 minutes that then alternate with you not looking when you shut your alarm off and the snooze going off."

"I am not a morning person."

"I'm well aware of that. But today is a big day. We need to get up and get ready. You need a wedding dress." She smiled at me before giving me a kiss and getting out of bed. I heard her moving around in the bathroom, getting her iPhone set on whatever she was going to listen to and the water turn on it the shower. I listened closely to hear what she had decided to play for music, it was always a good way to gauge her mood early in the morning. There were some mornings that she didn't say a word until she was out of the shower and a cup of coffee or three in to her day. The music always gave away how she was feeling. This morning the sound of a piano spilled out into our suite, John Legend's voice came next. I stood from bed and walked in to the bathroom. "Are you trying to coax me into the shower with you this morning?"

"It doesn't usually take any coaxing." She giggled. I stepped in to the shower behind her. "Hi there."

"Hi." I bent down to kiss her. "I get to marry you tomorrow."

"I know. I'm pretty excited about it."

"Do you feel bad that you didn't tell all of the girls?"

"Not really. They will all know that we had our reasons. Alyssa knows how hard it is to make the tough calls." She was right. Everyone had gotten married the way they wanted, they would get it. Kim and Nate had a large wedding in Cambridge with all of their family and friends in attendance. Alyssa and Cam had planned an intimate wedding at O'Brien's with just their family and closest friends present. Niall and Lyla had gone to Ireland and their wedding was basically a three day party. Niki and Tom had gotten married in London with a swanky reception at their restaurant. Annie also deserved what she wanted, just us. She was right, her friends would understand. They had all done this before, we were the last to go through this. "It's our parents and siblings that I feel bad about. I'm stealing a dance from your Mum."

"And I from you Dad."

"We danced together in the kitchen the last time we were home." I had caught them dancing together. They had snuck in to the kitchen as everyone was watching football to steal some of the leftover pasta from the meal. There was music from the halftime show flowing in to the tiny kitchen and they started to dance together. I had managed to sneak a photo of it on my phone. "He said that when we are home this summer he will have a little party at the house for us. I'll give him his dance then."