(1) Bold Moves and Not So Scaredy-Cats...

Chapter 1 Bold Moves and Not So Scaredy Cats

I went to my bedroom with the paint supplies that I had previously bought from Home Depot this morning. I ran up the stairs super fast (in case anyone would ask what I was doing), and moved some stuff around in my bedroom. I wore my hair in a ponytail and threw some clothes on that I didn't mind getting a bit dirty. Then, I took my paint brush and my mint green paint bucket and painted over my disastrous, plain, white walls. White may look good on vanilla ice cream, but it doesn't look good on my walls, I concluded. A few hours later I painted all my walls again, until they were all a beautiful  minty, fresh, green.

By the time my walls were completely and utterly filled with the color green; It was already ten o'clock, since I got started at seven. I waited till twelve for my walls to dry again. Then, I had gotten out the black bucket of paint I bought. It was a solid, pretty, pitch black, if black could ever be described as a pretty color. I put the paint on my paintbrush. Then, I prepared to splatter the paint on my walls, but Angus had come in  just as I got the black paint on my paintbrush, disrupting me from what I was about to do.

But, I had just decided to ignore my little brother. Instead, I continued to make a polka dot design on my wall and I painted it in. Then, I coated the paintbrush with the black paint again and started to shade the circles that I had previously outlined. Then, I saw some chubby hands following my lead with a smaller paint brush. They had dipped the brush into the black paint and splattered the paint onto my walls. They didn't put a specific pattern on my walls. They just freestyled it. Well, at least it didn't clash with any of my perfectly constructed black, round dots. Angus, my fourteen year old personal little pain was responsible for doing this. He is also known to be my younger brother. I heaved a sigh. He always follows his own rules. He would make a great bachelor, one day. But, right now he was annoying me to know end.

He seemed to be helping me. I could have said thank you and in reality, I probably should've said thank you. But, I was just too stunned to say anything at all.

Angus and I are brother and sister. You don't just help your sibling out for no apparent reason. He must want something. What's the catch? 

Okay, I know I was too stunned to say thank you, but a sibling never wants to say thank you to their siblings when they are actually helping them, because then it just starts something weird where you actually have to be polite to each other.

But, anyway, I wasn't too stunned to say this, "What are you doing?", And when I asked Angus that I couldn't help but to add a touch of suspicion in my tone of voice. I just couldn't believe he was really helping me. Am I dreaming? It was just all too surreal. I kept thinking the boy had to have an ulterior motive. But how would him helping me paint, help him?

"What does it look like I'm doing?" He asked in a bit of a 'duh' kind of tone, as he continued to paint my walls. He was not looking at me at all. Instead, he gave all of his attention to my -- now -- awesome walls. He had made me stop thinking about his ulterior motives. Maybe he didn't have any. Maybe, he was actually being nice to me today.

"Helping me?" I questioned and he just nodded and continued painting. "Why?" I pressed. Here it comes. What does that little weasel want? I needed to know. I just needed to know and I wasn't completely convinced that he didn't want anything. I knew he wanted something. He was my sibling. He had to want something. He just had to. Right?

"Because, I'm bored and this is kind of fun. You never do anything exciting, especially without asking for mom or dad's permission. So, this is kind of a rare treat. So, thanks." He shrugged, awkwardly without looking at me.