Chapter Twelve: Uchiha's Arrogance

Forsaken Innocence

Chapter Twelve: Uchiha’s Arrogance

I groaned, breathing in the all too clean aroma of a hospital. The over-whelming smell of cleaning products and sanitation made my head hurt.

“Are you actually awake, this time?” A tired voice asked. I rolled over to see Sasuke, who was also sporting a hospital gown. Although, I had to say, he probably wore it better than I did. I reached out to touch his bruised face, careful not to hurt him.

He sighed, holding my hand so that I wouldn’t move it. “Kakashi told me that you won’t be able to talk for a few days.” He paused, flashing me a cocky smile. “It must be killing you.”  I stuck my tongue out, enjoying the small curve of the Uchiha’s lips. It wasn’t very often that he displayed such a carefree attitude. Although, I wish he would. Sasuke’s smile was beautiful.

I pulled on his arm, wanting him to lay with me. It felt like it’s been forever since I’ve been able to just lay with him. Just me and him. In an actual bed. It was amazing how the course of three days could span out to feel like an eternity.

He rolled his eyes, holding me close, careful not to rupture any of my wounds. It would seem as if I had just as many cuts and bruises as he did. Sasuke stroked my bright hair, content with me laying on his chest.

“Are you feeling okay?” He asked. I stiffly nodded my head, wishing I could reassure him, somehow. But, my voice didn’t exactly work at the moment, so my body language would just have to suffice. Even if it wasn’t as sufficient, it was better than nothing.

I felt his fingers on my shoulder, playing with the thin material that easily covered my cursed shoulder. “May I?” Again, I nodded. The gown was gently pushed down to reveal the awful pattern implanted by the wretched man. Sasuke’s fingertips lightly brushed over it, his feather like touch giving me the chills.

“You’re starting to get goose bumps. Are you cold?” I bit my lip, trying not to laugh. Never had Sasuke been so naïve. I shook my head, resting my hand on his stomach. The hospital gown could barely be called clothing.

“Oh,” He muttered. I guess he got the hint.

~           ~            ~

“Sasuke, you really should be in your own room!” A young nurse scolded, “We’ve been looking for you everywhere!”

The boy ignored her, pressing his face further into my hair. “You need to be in your own room.” She repeated, for what felt like the millionth time. He yawned, not even bothering to look at the impatient nurse.

“Well, now you know where I am. Problem solved.” She grunted, stalking out of the room muttering something about how his clan’s always been so arrogant and rude.

“That wasn’t very nice,” I whispered, despite the aching in my throat. My voice was hoarse and shaky, having not been used for two days. I wouldn’t have even opened my mouth if I remembered I hadn’t been supposed to be talking. But, Sasuke was right. Not spouting out my opinion was killing me. Being mute was hard.

“Shut up,” he growled, “You’re not supposed to be talking.” I snorted, pressing my nose into the base of his neck. If I couldn’t enjoy my everyday pleasure of talking, I would just have to settle for his glorious smell. Although, if I had to chose, I would probably pick sniffing him. Sasuke was, in this case, the obvious better choice.

“Hitomi,” he murmured, “have I ever told you how good you smell?” I shrugged is response, breathing him in. Whatever I smelled like was nothing compared to Sasuke’s heavenly aroma. If Sasuke was a cake, he’d be a really good cake. And, a rather cute cake at that.

I guess it was a good thing I wasn’t allowed to talk right at the given moment. My strange way of explaining things would most likely have ruined the moment. Which, thanks to my perverted sensei, was short lived, anyways.

“I’d hate to ruin this little love fest--”

“Then, leave.” Sasuke grumbled, his hold on me tightening considerably. I smiled against his skin, loving the way we were pressed against each other. I don’t think there is one thing I could possibly say I hated about Sasuke.

“Unfortunately, I can’t. Trust me, I wanna be here as every much as you want me to be. And, judging by your response, that’s a ‘not at all’. But, you know, that’s just my guess.”

Sasuke huffed, turning his head merely just to glare at the older male. “What do you want?”

Kakashi propped himself against the wall, lazily staring at us through his visible eye.

“I’ve come to retrieve you. Neither of you have a solid reason to be here, anymore.”

“Are we being discharged?”

Kakashi shrugged, “I don’t know. But, I’m taking you off to train for the next month. Especially if you want to have any chance at beating Gaara.”

My heart froze at the sound of the Sand Village’s number one homicidal freak. Sasuke was facing him of all people? I think I’d rather sit through hours of Sakura’s fangirling. And that was saying something.

“Sas--”

“Oh, you can talk, again?” Kakashi asked, pushing himself off of the wall to walk a little closer. Sasuke turned to scold me, shaking his head.

“She’s not supposed to be. Doctors told her to let her voice rest for at least another day or two. She’s seems to be having trouble with that, though.” Kakashi nodded thoughtfully, turning to leave.

“We’re heading out, tomorrow. Be ready, Sasuke.”

I tried swallowing the lump that seemed to be forming in my sore throat, my mouth was so dry I felt like my diet consisted of nothing but sand. Which, was rather ironic due to given circumstances.

I wanted to warn Sasuke, to tell him not to fight. But, to do so would be completely pointless. He’s arrogance would never let him back down to a fight, especially when it was Gaara; even if he knew what I did. And, that’s what scared me the most.

!*~*~*~*~~*~*!

I’m tired, so I’m too lazy to write out an apology. Better luck next time. K. bai.
Happy Readings~!